The Student Room Group

Repeating year 12 with new subjects

I have just finished year 12, however I have decided to repeat my year 12 with all (3) new subjects. This is because I was not happy with my previous subjects and my new subjects align more with my passions.

Would this affect my application to study Law at Russel Group Uni’s in the future. I have already contacted admissions departments and asked.
Original post by mzbrown
I have just finished year 12, however I have decided to repeat my year 12 with all (3) new subjects. This is because I was not happy with my previous subjects and my new subjects align more with my passions.

Would this affect my application to study Law at Russel Group Uni’s in the future. I have already contacted admissions departments and asked.

i think as long as they’re okay with you retaking the year and you meet all the entry requirements then you should be fine
Original post by mzbrown

Hi
This might be a liitle late reply
However, I am in the similar situation as yours of changing my subjects and repeating year 12. If you contacted the admissions tutor, what did they say? Please let me know if it slims the chances for a top uni
Reply 3
Original post by Shubham9548
Hi
This might be a liitle late reply
However, I am in the similar situation as yours of changing my subjects and repeating year 12. If you contacted the admissions tutor, what did they say? Please let me know if it slims the chances for a top uni

hello,
sorry for my late reply but , no it does not! admissions tutor’s understand if you happen to change interests (or have another valid reason). i fact, today i just got a university offer from a top uni so it was the best decision to i’ve ever made!
Original post by mzbrown
hello,
sorry for my late reply but , no it does not! admissions tutor’s understand if you happen to change interests (or have another valid reason). i fact, today i just got a university offer from a top uni so it was the best decision to i’ve ever made!

well done!! i’m so happy to hear that. if you don’t mind me asking, what course are you looking to study?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by oliviapope1
well done!! i’m so happy to hear that. if you don’t mind me asking, what course are you looking to study?

thank you so much! the course is law :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest