The Student Room Group

Medicine repeated year 12

So i did year 12 doing the subjects of history sociology and english but repeated year 12 and switched to English biology and chemistry and completed my a levels will medical school not accept me as I repeated year 12 and switched the subjects but i still kept english
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by greenamy2
So i did year 12 doing the subjects of history sociology and english but repeated year 12 and switched to English biology and chemistry and completed my a levels will medical school not accept me as I repeated year 12 and switched the subjects but i still kept english

https://www.medify.co.uk/blog/a-level-requirements
Check each one
Some say A levels ‘in one sitting’
Others say ‘AAA taken within two years prior to application’
each medical school is different
Original post by greenamy2

Are you applying to medicine this cycle or next?

The reason I ask is that rather than rely on websites which draw this information together you will need to do your own research as they are sometimes incorrect.

I would read the admissions policies and treble check the resit and related info on how long it takes to get your A levels. Then those that look reasonable with your UCAT I would email them and ask. Set your issue out very clearly.

If you have extenuating circumstances? If so poss mention it. It’s a tricky one because it’s a resit of year 12 not year 13 and not an A2 retake. So a lot of the resit policies may be talking about A2 retakes.

This may take some time to get an answer back. Plus if you have ex circs then the deadline for those is often earlier than the UCAS deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending