The Student Room Group

Should I retake year 12?

I’m currently in year 12, studying maths, philosophy and psychology and I am considering repeating year 12 for a number of reasons. Firstly, I am actually not supposed be in year 12 but in year 11. I recently moved to The UK from France and made a mistake whilst applying for schools and only realised it when I had to take my baseline maths test 😭 but my school gave me a chance to retake and I got a good percentage. I absolutely wanted to do further maths but couldn’t because of this. Moreover, my school is only offering AQA PRE (philosophy, religious study and ethics) so the majority of syllabus is around religion. Whilst religion is interesting, it is not really my centre of interest in philosophy. If I repeat a year, I could do pure philosophy which I believe I would enjoy way more. But, I don really have a problem with my grade (A,A,B). So, would it be a good idea to repeat the year?
(edited 1 month ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Jenny_134340
I’m currently in year 12, studying maths, philosophy and psychology and I am considering repeating year 12 for a number of reasons. Firstly, I am actually not supposed be in year 12 but in year 11. I recently moved to The UK from France and made a mistake whilst applying for schools and only realised it when I had to take my baseline maths test 😭 but my school gave me a chance to retake and I got a good percentage. I absolutely wanted to do further maths but couldn’t because of this. Moreover, my school is only offering AQA PRE (philosophy, religious study and ethics) so the majority of syllabus is around religion. Whilst religion is interesting, it is not really my centre of interest in philosophy. If I repeat a year, I could do pure philosophy which I believe I would enjoy way more. But, I don really have a problem with my grade (A,A,B). So, would it be a good idea to repeat the year?
Hey I'm currently retaking year 12. I was doing mathematics, chemistry and psychology but now do business instead of phycology. One thing i know about psychology is you really need to enjoy and have a passion for the subject to find it enjoyable to study otherwise it can be incredibly tedious. If you believe that you may enjoy or find it easier to retake your a levels you should go for it. I hope that helped.

Quick Reply

Latest