The Student Room Group

Official: University of Newcastle A100 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holders thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jsingh1029
Hi
I noticed on the partners FAQs that they may not reduce the cut off for partners students. How likely would this be to happen?

It has never happened yet, as far as I am aware, but the gap does seem to narrow each year
Original post by GANFYD
It has never happened yet, as far as I am aware, but the gap does seem to narrow each year

Do you think it would be worth applying with 2780 as the cut off last year was around 2720 I think
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jsingh1029
Do you think it would be worth applying with 2780 as the cut off last year was around 2720 I think

It was 2760 in the main application round, but they invited a very few people with lower UCATs much later in the cycle, when many with UCATs between 2720 and 2760 had already accepted offers. Had they offered the same small number of extra interviews with those originally given, the cut off would in no way have dropped to 2720, and would likely have been 2740-50. However, I would hope your score would be OK
Hey, guys I got 2900 Band 1 and AAA achieved grades. I’m applying definitely to Sheffield, Leicester and UEA. But for my fourth choice, I’ve been recommended Newcastle. I’m hoping the the cutoff won’t increase to my score for standard non WP applicants, as it was 2850 last time.
Hi, does anyone know if interviews will be online or in person this year?
Original post by orlaquinn03
Hi, does anyone know if interviews will be online or in person this year?

In person for home applicants, online/in person for international
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by lanky_giraffe
In person for home applicants, online/in person for international

Original post by godsservant1
Hey, guys I got 2900 Band 1 and AAA achieved grades. I’m applying definitely to Sheffield, Leicester and UEA. But for my fourth choice, I’ve been recommended Newcastle. I’m hoping the the cutoff won’t increase to my score for standard non WP applicants, as it was 2850 last time.

I’d like to think you’d be safe and you have other conservative options, so if you’re keen on the uni go for it imo :smile:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/cutoff_figure_for_a100_quoted_on

Newcastle confirms 2800 was more representative of the cutoff figure last year.
Original post by _ryan_27
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/cutoff_figure_for_a100_quoted_on

Newcastle confirms 2800 was more representative of the cutoff figure last year.

Newcastle published a cut off of 2850 after the main cycle had ended. They then offered a very small number of interviews towards the end of the cycle to people with lower UCAT scores. Many people were "skipped over" with scores between 2800 and 2850 as they had offers elsewhere. Had the same number of people been offered interviews in the initial cycle, the cut off would be far higher than 2800
anyone want to predict cut off for non-contextual home standard?
Original post by Jvug2321

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Jvug2321

Does anyone know if Newcastle favours applicants living north-east England over others in the rest of the UK. I’m thinking of applying (from London).
Original post by Funtxk
Does anyone know if Newcastle favours applicants living north-east England over others in the rest of the UK. I’m thinking of applying (from London).

They do not
Original post by GANFYD
They do not

Thanks🙏
Considering the UCAT results now and since there seems to be more higher scores what do you guys think that will mean for the newcastle cut off this year?

@GANFYD
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by user14033
Considering the UCAT results now and since there seems to be more higher scores what do you guys think that will mean for the newcastle cut off this year?

@GANFYD

I’m not GANFYD, but I don’t think it’ll have a massive impact as fewer people took it this year; it may rise by 20-50, but nothing significant (I believe). There's that risk every year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Do newcastle accept resits?
Original post by maple26
Do newcastle accept resits?

E27D0F6D-7D74-4ED5-8AF2-6EA1FCD0710C.jpegThis is from Newcastle website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending