The Student Room Group

Official: University of Newcastle A100 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holders thread

Scroll to see replies

anyone know if interviews will be online or in person this year
Original post by Papichulo?
E27D0F6D-7D74-4ED5-8AF2-6EA1FCD0710C.jpegThis is from Newcastle website

Thank you!
Original post by anon12kd
anyone know if interviews will be online or in person this year

In person apparently this year
anyone know when you have to fill in your partners form by?
Original post by thandekaaa
anyone know when you have to fill in your partners form by?

Oct 15th.
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/partners/how-to-apply/eligibility/
^ More info
Applying!
Grad 2:1
UCAT 2850 B1 (a little bit worried about the threshold as it was 2800 last year and now the deciles have moved so it will likely be higher!)
Thankfully no A-level requirements for grads "I can confirm that it is 2:1 from any undergraduate degree - we do not take A-Levels into consideration for students that have already received a degree."
Reply 66
Original post by Graduatemed2023
Applying!
UCAT 2850 B1 (a little bit worried about the threshold as it was 2800 last year and now the deciles have moved so it will likely be higher!)
Thankfully no A-level requirements for grads "I can confirm that it is 2:1 from any undergraduate degree - we do not take A-Levels into consideration for students that have already received a degree."

Last year the first cut off was at 2850 and then they did a very late 2nd batch between 2840-2800. This was after others had offered. If they had completed in one batch last years cut off would have been 2830 to 2840.
Applying!

Hey I'm another graduate applying for A100! Good luck to you :smile:
Original post by Moxy22
Last year the first cut off was at 2850 and then they did a very late 2nd batch between 2840-2800. This was after others had offered. If they had completed in one batch last years cut off would have been 2830 to 2840.

Oh okay, where did you get that info from if you dont mind me asking? Just out of curiosity:smile: On the official Newcastle threshold document PDF it simply says 2800 was the cutoff, I believe so thats what i went by!

Oh well fingers crossed :biggrin:
Original post by TheGroke
Hey I'm another graduate applying for A100! Good luck to you :smile:

Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 70
Oh okay, where did you get that info from if you dont mind me asking? Just out of curiosity:smile: On the official Newcastle threshold document PDF it simply says 2800 was the cutoff, I believe so thats what i went by!

It’s been widely reported on TSR and will be in the 2022 thread. But there is a drop in numbers this year and this will balance the small increase in UCAT, I believe you stand every chance. Good luck!

It was published on Newcastle’s website initially as well I believe before they changed their stats
Original post by Moxy22
It’s been widely reported on TSR and will be in the 2022 thread. But there is a drop in numbers this year and this will balance the small increase in UCAT, I believe you stand every chance. Good luck!

Just been through the thread! Seems like a few were rejected with 2840! Interesting 🤨 yet the pdf says 2800. Who knows *sigh*

i guess I’ll just have to wait and see regardless, hoping for Warwick ideally as with any undergraduate course I’ll be having to knockout two 12.5 hour shifts a week to survive *sad*
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
It was published on Newcastle’s website initially as well I believe before they changed their stats

Reply 74
Just been through the thread! Seems like a few were rejected with 2840! Interesting 🤨 yet the pdf says 2800. Who knows *sigh*

i guess I’ll just have to wait and see regardless, hoping for Warwick ideally as with any undergraduate course I’ll be having to knockout two 12.5 hour shifts a week to survive *sad*

I believe some people were "un-rejected", no idea how they chose which ones to invite for the second round of interviews, and they did that although they still had people on their waiting list at that time.

I think 2850 will be OK again this year though.
Original post by TCL
I believe some people were "un-rejected", no idea how they chose which ones to invite for the second round of interviews, and they did that although they still had people on their waiting list at that time.

I think 2850 will be OK again this year though.

I hope so :smile: thank you!
Hi, do we need to upload our qualifications onto the Newcastle portal?
Is Newcastle panel or MMI?
Original post by Jvug2321
Is Newcastle panel or MMI

Just replying so I get a notification when you get an answer, i hope it’s in person
Reply 79
Original post by Jvug2321
Is Newcastle panel or MMI?

MMI

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending