The Student Room Group

Official: University of Newcastle A100 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holders thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Graduatemed2023
Just replying so I get a notification when you get an answer, i hope it’s in person

Yes, MMI in person for Home applicants, on line panel for Internationals.
Original post by TCL
Yes, MMI in person for Home applicants, on line panel for Internationals.

Excellent :biggrin: thank you for letting me know
Hi, does anyone know around when interivews are for home undergrads this year? As well as around when they will start giving out invites? Thanks :smile:
I don't know when interviews will be but their acknowledgement email says they'll start giving out invites in early December :smile:
Original post by ~𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥~
Hi, does anyone know around when interivews are for home undergrads this year? As well as around when they will start giving out invites? Thanks :smile:
Reply 84
Original post by ~𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥~

Website says interviews December to February.
Hi everyone :smile:

I can see there are some questions about the interview process for our Medicine and Surgery A100 programme. I thought I would jump in and share some information.

The format of your interview will be different depending on if you are classified as "Home/EU" or "International" for fees purposes.

For "Home/EU" applicants the interview is usually in the format of Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI's). There will be 7 stations with a different selector at each one. You will get 7 minutes at each station (except at the first station where you will get time for a 2-minute ice breaker question). One of the stations involves a role-play scenario.

For "International" applicants a panel interview involving two selectors will be organised online. It's organised online for convenience, but if you would prefer to visit Newcastle University, you are more than welcome to have your panel interview on campus.

Even though the formats can be different, all applicants are assessed against the same categories:

Integrity (honesty and probity)

Communication

Empathy and self-awareness

Motivation and commitment to be a doctor

Compatibility with the MBBS programme

Teamwork (including leadership)

Personal organisation

Persistence and resilience

After interview, we rank applicants in order of merit. This determines who will receive an offer. We won't make any decisions until all the interviews in the cycle are done.

For further information you can refer to the MBBS Admissions Policy 2023 or look at our Apply to Medicine page.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have that I may not have covered here.

Hana
Original post by Newcastle University

I can see there are some questions about the interview process for our Medicine and Surgery A100 programme. I thought I would jump in and share some information.

The format of your interview will be different depending on if you are classified as "Home/EU" or "International" for fees purposes.

For "Home/EU" applicants the interview is usually in the format of Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI's). There will be 7 stations with a different selector at each one. You will get 7 minutes at each station (except at the first station where you will get time for a 2-minute ice breaker question). One of the stations involves a role-play scenario.

For "International" applicants a panel interview involving two selectors will be organised online. It's organised online for convenience, but if you would prefer to visit Newcastle University, you are more than welcome to have your panel interview on campus.

Even though the formats can be different, all applicants are assessed against the same categories:

Communication

Personal organisation

After interview, we rank applicants in order of merit. This determines who will receive an offer. We won't make any decisions until all the interviews in the cycle are done.

For further information you can refer to the MBBS Admissions Policy 2023 or look at our Apply to Medicine page.

Please feel free to ask any questions you have that I may not have covered here.

Hana

Thank you for posting this Hana, for Home students are the interviews 'In Person' or 'Online' ?

Original post by Moonrise##
Thank you for posting this Hana, for Home students are the interviews 'In Person' or 'Online' ?

No problem @Moonrise##

All interviews for Home students will be in person :smile:

Hana
No problem @Moonrise##

All interviews for Home students will be in person :smile:

Hana

Fantastic :-)

Thank you.

Communication

Personal organisation

Hana

Thank you, Hana. Please can you say when MMIs are likely to be and when applicants will hear whether they are being invited to interview?
Original post by Gill2021
Thank you, Hana. Please can you say when MMIs are likely to be and when applicants will hear whether they are being invited to interview?

You're welcome @Gill2021

All of our Medicine and Surgery interviews normally take place between December and February across a number of dates. Unfortunately I can't be more specific at the moment, but our MBBS Admissions Team will confirm this in more detail once invitations are sent out.

We hope to start sending invitations out soon. Please don't worry if you don't hear back straight away because we send invitations out on an ongoing basis.

Hana
You're welcome @Gill2021

All of our Medicine and Surgery interviews normally take place between December and February across a number of dates. Unfortunately I can't be more specific at the moment, but our MBBS Admissions Team will confirm this in more detail once invitations are sent out.

We hope to start sending invitations out soon. Please don't worry if you don't hear back straight away because we send invitations out on an ongoing basis.

Hana

One more question, if I may: will applicants be given a date to attend or will they able to choose from a selection on offer?
Original post by Gill2021
One more question, if I may: will applicants be given a date to attend or will they able to choose from a selection on offer?

Of course you can :smile:

Applicants we decide to interview will be sent an email inviting them to book an interview slot within one of the sessions available. This email will have a deadline for booking the interview and after that deadline it would not be possible for an applicant to reserve a space.

I hope this information helps!

Hana
Of course you can :smile:

Applicants we decide to interview will be sent an email inviting them to book an interview slot within one of the sessions available. This email will have a deadline for booking the interview and after that deadline it would not be possible for an applicant to reserve a space.

I hope this information helps!

Hana

It does, thanks!
Interview offer at 12:00!!
interview !! partners 2820 b1
I just got an interview invite for A101! I applied for A100 too so no idea if I'm being considered for both 🤷*♀️
Interview! 2910 b2
Original post by themasterchef
Interview! 2910 b2

Omg congrats!!
interview ! 2760 B2 w/ partners

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending