The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Official University of the Arts London 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Everyone who meets the course minimum requirements gets a portfolio request and only after it's reviewed they'll get a decision. so no you're not offered a place if you submit a portfolio.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
My UCAS has even submitted to Chelsea and LCC for Graphic Communication Design and Graphic Media & Design. So far, only Chelsea have asked me for a portfolio, the deadline for which is in February. They ask for evidence of written work which I’m still confused about 🤷*♀️
Hi,

Just to reassure you, it is correct that the portfolio request comes after you have passed the primary selection process through UCAS. The submission of creative portfolio will be followed by an interview for most of the courses. After this the decision will be made.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Weronika
Original post by survivingskool
Hi! I was wondering, after applying to UCAS to UAL, does everyone get details for portfolio submission or is it only for selected people?
Does being asked to submit a portfolio mean that you are offered a place?
Reply 43
Original post by 3ggfriedrice
My UCAS has even submitted to Chelsea and LCC for Graphic Communication Design and Graphic Media & Design. So far, only Chelsea have asked me for a portfolio, the deadline for which is in February. They ask for evidence of written work which I’m still confused about 🤷*♀️

have you hard back from the others?
Reply 44
Hey I've just received an offer from UAL (LCF) today for fashion marketing I'm presuming portfolio courses will take longer but was wandering anyone else from the fashion business school or other areas also got offers today
Original post by xzeeee
have you hard back from the others?

I’ve got an email from LCC asking for portfolio by 9th Jan now, and have got 2 offers from other non London unis
Reply 46
Original post by G1k36
Hey I've just received an offer from UAL (LCF) today for fashion marketing I'm presuming portfolio courses will take longer but was wandering anyone else from the fashion business school or other areas also got offers today

Same !! I got fashion management Bsc and Strategic Fashion Management MSc!!!
1 - What course are you applying for? MSc Creative Computing
2 - What A-levels or equivalent are you taking? I'm now an engineering student (BE)
3 - Why UAL? Their view of creativity suits with me
4 - What other unis are you applying for? Nothing. Only UAL (please, please, please...)
Reply 48
Has anyone applied for/ is anyone applying for a foundation? How’s your portfolio coming along? What are yall including in it?
Reply 49
Hey guys, do you know how long it normally takes for ual to send a portfolio request? (After you submit your UCAS application)
Just got an unconditional offer to study graphic branding and identity at LCC!!
Original post by xzeeee
Hey guys, do you know how long it normally takes for ual to send a portfolio request? (After you submit your UCAS application)

I got mine after a couple of days - I applied for the foundation course
Original post by xzeeee

I submitted my UCAS on the 19th December and I got a portfolio request on the 21st December - but I have people on my course too that needed to do immigration status checks and they take up to two weeks and then they send the portfolio request. I also have an email that says don't ask them about it because they put your application on hold until they resolve the query you put in
Original post by rebecca_wd

How long between sending your portfolio and receiving the offer? Congrats
1 - What course are you applying for? Technical Arts for Theatre & Performance
2 - What A-levels or equivalent are you taking? UAL L3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design
3 - Why UAL? The standard of graduate work, employability, the course and the niche subject with a spec that's literally perfect for what I want to do in the future, plus the small campus
4 - What other unis are you applying for? Hertfordshire (Model Design: Character & Creative Effects), RCSSD (Theatre Practice: Prop Making), Rose Bruford (Scenic Arts) and Greater Brighton Met (Prop Making and SFX)
Reply 55

Congrats! I’ve applied for that course too 🤞have you done a foundation diploma in art before? At ual or outside?
Reply 56
Original post by vamphrrts
I submitted my UCAS on the 19th December and I got a portfolio request on the 21st December - but I have people on my course too that needed to do immigration status checks and they take up to two weeks and then they send the portfolio request. I also have an email that says don't ask them about it because they put your application on hold until they resolve the query you put in

Oh okay that makes sense. I had to update my immigration status a few days back and haven’t heard from them since
Original post by 3ggfriedrice
How long between sending your portfolio and receiving the offer? Congrats

It was really strange actually. I submitted my portfolio on the 17th of November and never heard anything. I then logged onto my applicant portal the day before I got my offer, so a couple days ago, and noticed I was asked to submit evidence of my grades, because I’ve already done my a levels. And so it seems as soon as I submitted those the next day I got an offer. But I find it odd that I was never emailed asking to submit anything, I could’ve waited 2 months for nothing. So If you already have your grades like me I would recommend checking the portal for anything like that!
Original post by xzeeee
Congrats! I’ve applied for that course too 🤞have you done a foundation diploma in art before? At ual or outside?

No I’ve never done a foundation year! Just did A level art . Hope you get an offer!!! quite worried about it now though; I can’t seem to find anything positive about LCC anywhere!
Reply 59
It was really strange actually. I submitted my portfolio on the 17th of November and never heard anything. I then logged onto my applicant portal the day before I got my offer, so a couple days ago, and noticed I was asked to submit evidence of my grades, because I’ve already done my a levels. And so it seems as soon as I submitted those the next day I got an offer. But I find it odd that I was never emailed asking to submit anything, I could’ve waited 2 months for nothing. So If you already have your grades like me I would recommend checking the portal for anything like that!

damn😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending