UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Official University of the Arts London 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by rebecca_wd
No I’ve never done a foundation year! Just did A level art . Hope you get an offer!!! quite worried about it now though; I can’t seem to find anything positive about LCC anywhere!

Try checking out this platform (if you haven’t already). I’ve found some stuff on LCC taking a more technical approach to design than the other colleges at ual and that’s particularly why I’ve applied for branding 😅 and also I’m worried (and prepared for the fact that) I may not get an offer from ual just because I haven’t studied art as a high school subject. Just gotta hope they base their decision on my portfolio
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 61
It was really strange actually. I submitted my portfolio on the 17th of November and never heard anything. I then logged onto my applicant portal the day before I got my offer, so a couple days ago, and noticed I was asked to submit evidence of my grades, because I’ve already done my a levels. And so it seems as soon as I submitted those the next day I got an offer. But I find it odd that I was never emailed asking to submit anything, I could’ve waited 2 months for nothing. So If you already have your grades like me I would recommend checking the portal for anything like that!

Did you get a mail requesting you for your portfolio? Or did they ask automatically through the portal
It was really strange actually. I submitted my portfolio on the 17th of November and never heard anything. I then logged onto my applicant portal the day before I got my offer, so a couple days ago, and noticed I was asked to submit evidence of my grades, because I’ve already done my a levels. And so it seems as soon as I submitted those the next day I got an offer. But I find it odd that I was never emailed asking to submit anything, I could’ve waited 2 months for nothing. So If you already have your grades like me I would recommend checking the portal for anything like that!

I’m still doing A-levels, could be different in that way. I submitted my portfolio 19th Dec so I assume they did nothing over Xmas, but I know someone in the year above who told me it’s normal for LCC to be silent for a while. In your case it was too silent haha
Original post by xzeeee
Try checking out this platform (if you haven’t already). I’ve found some stuff on LCC taking a more technical approach to design than the other colleges at ual and that’s particularly why I’ve applied for branding 😅 and also I’m worried (and prepared for the fact that) I may not get an offer from ual just because I haven’t studied art as a high school subject. Just gotta hope they base their decision on my portfolio

I didn’t do Art at GCSE but managed to get onto doing the A level!
Original post by xzeeee
Did you get a mail requesting you for your portfolio? Or did they ask automatically through the portal

I got a email for the portfolio!! Haven’t heard anything since getting my offer, not even an email about that so maybe there’s something wrong with my accounts if that’s not normal. But it took a couple of weeks to get that
I got a email for the portfolio!! Haven’t heard anything since getting my offer, not even an email about that so maybe there’s something wrong with my accounts if that’s not normal. But it took a couple of weeks to get that

ahh okay
Original post by 3ggfriedrice
I didn’t do Art at GCSE but managed to get onto doing the A level!

I don't do A levels but i did art until the last two years of high school so i hope they look clearly at my 10th report ://
Reply 67
I’m still doing A-levels, could be different in that way. I submitted my portfolio 19th Dec so I assume they did nothing over Xmas, but I know someone in the year above who told me it’s normal for LCC to be silent for a while. In your case it was too silent haha

based on what i've read about ual on this site they apparently are very disorganised with responses
Reply 68

hey! I just got a portfolio req for graphic branding and identity and have 10 days to submit it,,,,can you pleasee give me some portfolio advice? like what did you include? I already have mine ready but I think it would be good to get tips from someone whose work was approved
Hello,
I would like to ask if someone has some informations about acceptance rate in UAL for mature students. I am 30yo and a long experience in the field of photography (abroad, not in the UK).
I asked some information by mail to UAL but I didn't get any reply.
Kind regards.
Original post by xzeeee
hey! I just got a portfolio req for graphic branding and identity and have 10 days to submit it,,,,can you pleasee give me some portfolio advice? like what did you include? I already have mine ready but I think it would be good to get tips from someone whose work was approved

This is a portfolio I made to apply to the university of Brighton to study fashion design. Although this isn’t the exact one I used for graphic branding as it was done on their platform, I used all the same work and same text. It’s just in a different format. I hope this helps!

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFSmT04mio/4QeM5OISp4ZQSeX9QE3uIg/view?utm_content=DAFSmT04mio&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Hsiena
Same !! I got fashion management Bsc and Strategic Fashion Management MSc!!!

Which one are you planning on accepting? I'm in the same position lmao
Reply 72
This is a portfolio I made to apply to the university of Brighton to study fashion design. Although this isn’t the exact one I used for graphic branding as it was done on their platform, I used all the same work and same text. It’s just in a different format. I hope this helps!

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFSmT04mio/4QeM5OISp4ZQSeX9QE3uIg/edit?utm_content=DAFSmT04mio&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton

Thank you sm!!!! Life saver
I need to request access to view it tho so I’ve done that. The email I sent a request from is *******[email protected]. Ty again
Original post by xzeeee
Thank you sm!!!! Life saver
I need to request access to view it tho so I’ve done that. The email I sent a request from is *******[email protected]. Ty again

Think I’ve changed the settings so you should be able to view it now! Let me know if it works :smile:
Reply 74
Think I’ve changed the settings so you should be able to view it now! Let me know if it works :smile:

Yes thanks! Your works are really good
Original post by Hsiena
Same !! I got fashion management Bsc and Strategic Fashion Management MSc!!!

Hi !! I also applied for Strategic Fashion Management MSc, how long did it take for you to get an offer from the uni ??
Original post by Anonymous
I don't do A levels but i did art until the last two years of high school so i hope they look clearly at my 10th report ://

Do you still fit the entry requirements? What course is this for?
Reply 77
has anyone applied for fashion marketing and content creation?
Reply 78
Do you still fit the entry requirements? What course is this for?

Yeah I do and it’s for graphic design + branding and identity
Original post by xzeeee
Yeah I do and it’s for graphic design + branding and identity

Are you the anonymous #1? I was confused 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending