The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Official University of the Arts London 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I'm going to start an MA course this year.

Before beginning the course, I need to get a letter document provided in formats such as pdf, png, etc. which can be printed, and it should include the course name, start/end date, etc.

I need this to submit to my government but I cannot find any printing page in UAL portal.(I heard some universities offer this at their homepage or portal..)

I have sent an email but I have yet to receive a response.

Is there anyone who knows about this situation? Please tell me.. I don't have much time before the course starts:frown:

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer to study at UAL, we look forward to seeing in the new term!

I’m sorry to hear you had not received a response to your email when you left your message, we are currently dealing with a very high volume of emails and we’re working through these as fast as we can, but I understand that this can be a stressful time whilst you wait to hear from us.

If you have completed Enrolment and you still need a letter in addition to the offer email you have received, then you can use your UAL Portal to drop us a line requesting a letter, and also to detail all of the information you require in your letter.

Alternatively, if you could please send a message to our Student Room mailbox with details of your 8-digit Student ID, name and the course you’re going to be enrolling on, then we can have a look into your query.

Best wishes,

Ros
Student Engagement Team
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hi, I am an International Student, and have troubles with the English requirements. The deadline has passed the 31 and I have emailed admissions team several times in the last weeks with no response so I don't know what to do. I took the PTE Academic for UKVI, and have achieved high scores except for speaking. The uni asks for 51 minimum in each skill and 58 overall. I have 70 in the other skills but got 49 ( just two points less) in speaking. This is due to technical problems faced during the exam, I am from a trird world country and it is harder to access to some exams. The computer was crushing during the exam. The point is that I repeated this exam to have a higher score on speaking and this technical sissue continues to happen even though I was performing better in each time I took the exam. I was told that maybe the uni has internal options I can take, or maybe they can accept this score, but have no answer from them. I am very worried on having to take a different exam like ielts but it will take more time to do so. In my country just one test center takes it and with almost no dates for it, that is why I thought PTE Academic was better. If anyone knows something about this I will truly appreciate. I feel completly alone with this problem. Both the university and in-country representatives don't answer to me at all. Thank you so much.

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear you had not received a response to your email when you left your message, we are currently dealing with a very high volume of emails and we’re working through these as fast as we can, but I understand that this can be a stressful time whilst you wait to hear from us.

Please could you send a message to our Student Room mailbox with details of your 8-digit Student ID, name and the course you’ve applied to, and we will have a look into your query.

Best wishes,

Ros
Student Engagement Team
I'm afraid that I’ll get my IELTS results a few days after the deadline of meeting offer conditions. This will happen as a result of a lack of communication and misleading. A month ago admissions told me they will “contact proactively if something further needed” and they contacted me two days before the deadline 😿. I have already paid for disabled accommodation. What should I do? I'm trying to reach out to ual but all I get is "we’re sorry but I can’t guarantee your place, a member of admissions will contact you in due”

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having difficulty getting in touch with us, we are currently dealing with a very high volume of emails and we’re working through these as fast as we can, but I understand that this can be a stressful time whilst you wait to hear from us.

Please could you send a message to our Student Room mailbox with details of your 8-digit Student ID, name and the course you’ve applied to, and we will have a look into your query.

Best wishes,

Ros
Student Engagement Team
Reply 1783
Original post by Sinnoh
Hello and welcome to the discussion thread for UAL applicants for 2023 entry! Chat with other applicants, find out who's getting offers and maybe get to know people who'll be on your course.
Some icebreaker questions:
1 - What course are you applying for?
2 - What A-levels or equivalent are you taking?
3 - Why UAL?
4 - What other unis are you applying for?
Hub for all uni applicants' threads: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776
Hi, will applicants receive a decision before they have to sign up for accommodation please? I'm worried about all the accommodation getting booked up. Thanks
Original post by Samlp
Hi, will applicants receive a decision before they have to sign up for accommodation please? I'm worried about all the accommodation getting booked up. Thanks

HI @Samlp,

Thankyou so much for reaching out!

We would love to know what level of study have you applied for?

Accommodation bookings open up on the 23rd of April.

So, if you have applied for a UG course, even though the last date to receive a decision is 16th of May, a large majority of applicants will have received a decision before that. So hopefully, you should be good to go!

Incase you are a PG applicant; if you applied in the first round you will have a decision in time but incase you applied in the second round, you might not!

Please reach out for any further questions.

Best,
Teju
UAL Student Ambassador
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
HI @Samlp,
Thankyou so much for reaching out!
We would love to know what level of study have you applied for?
Accommodation bookings open up on the 23rd of April.
So, if you have applied for a UG course, even though the last date to receive a decision is 16th of May, a large majority of applicants will have received a decision before that. So hopefully, you should be good to go!
Incase you are a PG applicant; if you applied in the first round you will have a decision in time but incase you applied in the second round, you might not!
Please reach out for any further questions.
Best,
Teju
UAL Student Ambassador

Hello! Us applicants in the U.S. must respond to other schools by May 1st, will we receive decisions an ample time before then? Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending