The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Official Royal Holloway 2023 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hrehman235
Hey, just sent my application off a few days ago. How long did it take them to reply to you?

Hey! I applied for computer science on the 1/11/2022 and got an offer on 11/11/2022
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
My son got an offer for Geography BA today, BBB, about two-and-a-half weeks after applying.
Original post by Hrehman235
Hey, just sent my application off a few days ago. How long did it take them to reply to you?

they took about 2 weeks with mine
Original post by Sam1628
Hey! I applied for computer science on the 1/11/2022 and got an offer on 11/11/2022

Hi would you mind telling what offer did they give you for CS?
Thanks
Original post by veena77
Hi would you mind telling what offer did they give you for CS?Thanks

hi, I did a BTEC but got an offer of Dist,Dist,Dist . I think someone in my badminton class got an offer of AAB but they said their friend got rejected with AAA
Original post by Sam1628
hi, I did a BTEC but got an offer of Dist,Dist,Dist . I think someone in my badminton class got an offer of AAB but they said their friend got rejected with AAA

Ah I see, thank you for sharing 😊
Original post by veena77
Ah I see, thank you for sharing 😊

no worries. let me know if you have any other questions!
Original post by Sam1628
no worries. let me know if you have any other questions!

Not sure how lenient they are with their offers as my predictions are lower than the entry requirements. Especially with CS being so competitive too. Anyway fingers crossed!
Original post by veena77
Not sure how lenient they are with their offers as my predictions are lower than the entry requirements. Especially with CS being so competitive too. Anyway fingers crossed!

what are your predicted grades?
Original post by Sam1628
what are your predicted grades?

BBB, so not feeling too confident, let's see
Original post by veena77

Why would you apply for a course where your predicted grades are not at the level of the entry requirements? You will get rejected and waste a uni choice...
If you really want to get into computer science how about you consider their foundation computer science course?
Original post by veena77

I'd say you have a chance mate. having an aspirational choice is always smart!
Original post by alanb21
Why would you apply for a course where your predicted grades are not at the level of the entry requirements? You will get rejected and waste a uni choice...
If you really want to get into computer science how about you consider their foundation computer science course?

I feel my predictions do not reflect my true ability as unfortunately I had been quite unwell during my Mock exams. Also, as per my research, predictions are not everything, my personal statement is quite strong as I even have work experience. It was a calculated chance, I was willing to take.
Original post by Sam1628
I'd say you have a chance mate. having an aspirational choice is always smart!

Thank you, hope so too 😊
Original post by veena77
Thank you, hope so too 😊

hope to can see you there!
Original post by veena77
I feel my predictions do not reflect my true ability as unfortunately I had been quite unwell during my Mock exams. Also, as per my research, predictions are not everything, my personal statement is quite strong as I even have work experience. It was a calculated chance, I was willing to take.

Okay that's good to hear! I'm hoping your referee mentioned your past circumstances in their reference? Also have you already applied or waiting towards the 25th Jan deadline?
Original post by alanb21
Okay that's good to hear! I'm hoping your referee mentioned your past circumstances in their reference? Also have you already applied or waiting towards the 25th Jan deadline?

Applied just last week on 15th.
Have you applied for CS as well?
Original post by veena77
Applied just last week on 15th.
Have you applied for CS as well?

I'm going to apply on 24th Jan since I feel like I need to get some more stuff to maybe put in my personal statement / switch it around a bit and unis don't have any bias for when people applied as long as it's before 25th Jan. I've had a pretty bad time with education in the past and doing my current A Levels in only a year so hopefully I get into Uni! But yes I'm applying to CS in RHuL and London Universities.
1. Applied for Business Management
2. Royal Holloway because near London and I like the course modules
3. Business btec
4. My other choices Queen Mary University of London , University of Reading, University of Hertfordshire , Brunel University ( because I want to stay in London or close to London)
Hi, that's great, apart from RHUL, I've applied for Reading and Brunel too. When did you apply? Have you got offers from any of them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending