The Student Room Group

Will my parents get fined if I skip college?

I know my mum got fined when I was off secondary school but I'm not sure if she'll get fined when I skip college. I hate college it makes me miserable I don't feel like I fit it and it's embarrassing. Edit: can I just say I haven't been skipping college I have 100% attendance and punctuality and it's honestly just made my mental health even worse but tbh I just feel bad about getting my mum in trouble
(edited 1 year ago)
Tell your teacher you don't like College.

I didn't like College and only when I took a btec, I liked Btec.
Original post by Lottiebaby3
I know my mum got fined when I was off secondary school but I'm not sure if she'll get fined when I skip college. I hate college it makes me miserable I don't feel like I fit it and it's embarrassing.

Yup, she will, and more if it's a second time. Grow up and find a better solution.
I know my mum got fined when I was off secondary school but I'm not sure if she'll get fined when I skip college. I hate college it makes me miserable I don't feel like I fit it and it's embarrassing.

No she won't, but if you are in England you must be in education until you are 18 and your mum will receive child benefit payments.If you don't attend you could be thrown out and the college will notify the relevant authorities.
Original post by threeportdrift
Yup, she will, and more if it's a second time. Grow up and find a better solution.

You don't have to be rude. You have no idea what's going on in other people's lives. And for your information I'm not skipping college I'm attending all my classes even tho it makes me incredibly depressed.
Reply 5
You don't have to be rude. You have no idea what's going on in other people's lives. And for your information I'm not skipping college I'm attending all my classes even tho it makes me incredibly depressed.

She's not being rude; she's asking you take proper measures to resolve your issues, skipping college is not going to do you any good.

Talk to your tutors and parents related to this problem, leave the college if you can't cope anymore.

Original post by Sakuna
She's not being rude; she's asking you take proper measures to resolve your issues, skipping college is not going to do you any good.

Talk to your tutors and parents related to this problem, leave the college if you can't cope anymore.

She is being rude, I understand what your both saying but telling someone to just grow up when they say they are struggling with their mental health is ****ed up
She is being rude, I understand what your both saying but telling someone to just grow up when they say they are struggling with their mental health is ****ed up

It is a big jump from something making you miserable to you struggling with your mental health. People comment based on what is posted.

She'll get fined if you don't go to something you're legally required to go to. There are alternatives to college, but you have to be doing them, not just skipping the one you chose.

(I suspect the comment about growing up was at least partly triggered by the way you present yourself. When someone's chosen username involves "baby" and they say that education is "embarrassing", it does come over more like a twelve year old than someone who must be at least 16 and should be starting to think about what they'll do as an adult. That's my advice, take it or leave it.)
It is better just not to comment rather than using rude language on someone who clearly stated her experience with not liking college. Kindness is a virtue that needs to be exercised..
Original post by skylark2
She'll get fined if you don't go to something you're legally required to go to. There are alternatives to college, but you have to be doing them, not just skipping the one you chose.

(I suspect the comment about growing up was at least partly triggered by the way you present yourself. When someone's chosen username involves "baby" and they say that education is "embarrassing", it does come over more like a twelve year old than someone who must be at least 16 and should be starting to think about what they'll do as an adult. That's my advice, take it or leave it.)

I'm never said education is embarrassing I said not fitting in is embarrassing cause I don't have any friends, how am I supposed to think about my future when every day I'm miserable and depressed doing the things that's normal people can do easily. Not everyone knows what they want to do in life and that's okay
I'm never said education is embarrassing I said not fitting in is embarrassing cause I don't have any friends, how am I supposed to think about my future when every day I'm miserable and depressed doing the things that's normal people can do easily. Not everyone knows what they want to do in life and that's okay

I have sent you a private message about it maybe you can have a look and see if it helps.
I know it’s late but you won’t get fined I hardly turned up like once a week out of a four day week and my attendance was really bad so bad I was almost a term behind with work and they didn’t care yh the tutors had a go at me and all that but I didn’t get fined I even got chucked out later after she ****ged me off and I swore at her when I was 17. Nobody gave two ****s u thought I was going to get in trouble as a minor not in education but they couldn’t care less the goverment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending