The Student Room Group

Can I ask this girl out even though my childhood friend didn't reject me?

I am a 22 year old guy who never dated before. After 3 recent rejections from girls, I was finally happy that my childhood friend(let's call her A as her name starts with A) didn't reject me after I asked her out for a coffee via Instagram. A is 21 now turning 22 after like 2-3 months and we are both in last year of college in different colleges and will be graduating soon. We were close friends when we were in elementary school in 2008-2011 but didn't interact with each other in person since 2011 because ny parents bought a new apartment so we came to a different part of our city. Me and A reconnected on Instagram on December 2022. I asked her out on May 6th 2023 but she isn't that active on Instagram so she took almost a month to reply to it and she replied on 3rd June 2023 and her reply was "Yeah ok". I asked her to decide when we can meet up but again she didn't come online so I might have to wait for her replies.
But there is another girl(lets call her B as her name starts with B) with whom I had been chatting on Instagram since last week of May 2023. She too was in the same school as me but she is few years my junior so we didn’t know each other in school. B is in 1st year of college now and I am in last year and we both are in different colleges too so she is either 18 about to turn 19 soon or is already 19 now. I do chat with few more 19-22 year olds on Instagram who were in the same school as me but B chats regularly with me unlike my childhood friend A who takes weeks to reply. B's college is very near to my home and there is a Starbucks near her college too where I can ask her out. We have so many nice chats and can relate to each other like about feeling tired after college, how bad the city traffic is, about skipping classes and I also share jokes, memes and funny videos to her which makes her laugh. We also send each other virtual hugs daily and I make her go awww but A too went Awww when I sent her a virtual hug. But yesterday B said she was feeling super sleepy so I said her that I would hug her so she can rest her head in my arms so she can slowly fall asleep and she went awww again and called me sweet. Will it be fine to ask B out even though A hasn't rejected me but is taking so much time to reply about when we can meet?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I am a 22 year old guy who never dated before. After 3 recent rejections from girls, I was finally happy that my childhood friend(let's call her A as her name starts with A) didn't reject me after I asked her out for a coffee via Instagram. A is 21 now turning 22 after like 2-3 months and we are both in last year of college in different colleges and will be graduating soon. We were close friends when we were in elementary school in 2008-2011 but didn't interact with each other in person since 2011 because ny parents bought a new apartment so we came to a different part of our city. Me and A reconnected on Instagram on December 2022. I asked her out on May 6th 2023 but she isn't that active on Instagram so she took almost a month to reply to it and she replied on 3rd June 2023 and her reply was "Yeah ok". I asked her to decide when we can meet up but again she didn't come online so I might have to wait for her replies.
But there is another girl(lets call her B as her name starts with B) with whom I had been chatting on Instagram since last week of May 2023. She too was in the same school as me but she is few years my junior so we didn’t know each other in school. B is in 1st year of college now and I am in last year and we both are in different colleges too so she is either 18 about to turn 19 soon or is already 19 now. I do chat with few more 19-22 year olds on Instagram who were in the same school as me but B chats regularly with me unlike my childhood friend A who takes weeks to reply. B's college is very near to my home and there is a Starbucks near her college too where I can ask her out. We have so many nice chats and can relate to each other like about feeling tired after college, how bad the city traffic is, about skipping classes and I also share jokes, memes and funny videos to her which makes her laugh. We also send each other virtual hugs daily and I make her go awww but A too went Awww when I sent her a virtual hug. But yesterday B said she was feeling super sleepy so I said her that I would hug her so she can rest her head in my arms so she can slowly fall asleep and she went awww again and called me sweet. Will it be fine to ask B out even though A hasn't rejected me but is taking so much time to reply about when we can meet?

Short answer is yes.

You and A haven't even gone on a date yet let alone have any sort of relationship so you're not doing anything wrong. No point dying alone waiting for someone who isn't as interested as you.
:boing:
Reply 2
But...but. ..you're in love with friend A and want to make her your girlfriend!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7359735

That's even though you barely know her as an adult. Now you're asking out friend B? How about you calm it down until you decide what you really want and understand how dating and relationships work.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending