The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Applicants Thread 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carp200
hi all! just found out this thread exists :P
📚 Which course(s) are you thinking of applying to? - Applying for compsci w/ professional experience and software engineering w/ digital technology partnership from NI - submitting my application some time this week, is that too late?

Hi @carp200

Glad to hear that you’re considering studying at Queens! It’s not too late to submit your application! However, I’m not too sure as to what the exact date is. Feel free to email us at [email protected] for more information!

Hope to see you in September.

Thank you,
Team Queens
Akilah, 4th year Dentistry
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by rubymtuesday
Hi I’m Ruby! Just got an offer for French and Politics and submitted my application on Monday 💖😍🙏
Applying from Newcastle utm

Hi @rubymtuesday !

Congratulations on the offer! You’ve worked hard and deserve it! Hope to see you in September.

Thank you,
Team Queens.
Akilah, 4th year BDS Dentistry
Im wondering about Chemical Enginering? Is it hard ? Someone have expierience and give an advice ?
Original post by Artur P
Im wondering about Chemical Enginering? Is it hard ? Someone have expierience and give an advice ?

Youll have to scope on it. Takes time. Exams are hard to pass
In all the uk, is it still possible to apply for 2023 in dentistry ? As an international student ?
Original post by Idontlikeonions
Going to be applying for Child Nursing and potentially midwifery undergrad from Derry

Hi @Idontlikeonions

Hope to see you in September! I know some Nursing students who are really enjoying their placements here!

Thank you,
Team Queens
Hey guys, I applied for MSc Applied Cyber-Security with internship in QUB for 2023/25 on their postgraduate portal back in october as an international student. My application has passed initial checks and has been forwarded to the relevant department. Has anyone here gotten an offer yet? Thanks
I've got an offer for Business Information Technology with a professional year of experience (but that means I'd have to take a plane) I'm from south east of the uk - so i'm kinda nervous so I dunno....but it feels like a lot of fun - as it's a 4 year course would there be any way I can do a year abroad or semester abroad 2 in my second year ? - that's probs something im guessing I have to speak to someone if I get the grades in the end and decide to go there lol...
this is for (undergrad) btw

- also my bday's on st Patrick's day lol so that's always a bonus haha

I think im overthinking it haha
so I dunno ....
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous
In all the uk, is it still possible to apply for 2023 in dentistry ? As an international student ?

Hi,
Unfortunately, dentistry applications closed on the 15th of October 2022 for 2023 entry. There may be a chance to apply for clearing but that would be sometime around May/June 2023.

Hope this helps.
Team Queen's,
Akilah, 4th year BDS dentistry.
Original post by Gilmore115
I've got an offer for Business Information Technology with a professional year of experience (but that means I'd have to take a plane) I'm from south east of the uk - so i'm kinda nervous so I dunno....but it feels like a lot of fun - as it's a 4 year course would there be any way I can do a year abroad or semester abroad 2 in my second year ? - that's probs something im guessing I have to speak to someone if I get the grades in the end and decide to go there lol...
this is for (undergrad) btw

- also my bday's on st Patrick's day lol so that's always a bonus haha

I think im overthinking it haha
so I dunno ....

Hi @Gilmore115,
Congratulations on receiving an offer! I know there are opportunities to do StudyAbroadUSA as well as Erasmus which gives you opportunities to study in Europe. Here are links to StudyAbroad and Erasmus.
https://www.qub.ac.uk/directorates/sgc/careers/GlobalOpportunities/StudyAbroad/
https://www.qub.ac.uk/International/International-students/Studyabroad/ErasmusProgramme/

Hope this helps,
Team Queens,
hi all! forgot to update but i got an offer for compsci with professional exp, and am currently going through the process of completing the external assessments for software engineering w/ partnership :3
I’ve applied to Acturial Science and Economics with French
Applied to Psychology! Fingers crossed. :h:
Original post by carp200
hi all! forgot to update but i got an offer for compsci with professional exp, and am currently going through the process of completing the external assessments for software engineering w/ partnership :3

My son has applied for this - how soon after applying did you get an offer? Can I ask what offer they gave you? Thanks
Reply 34
Original post by amxliaa_c
Hi I am applying for med from London :smile: has anyone received offers yet i know its very early for med haha just nervous

Hey! I'm also applying to Queen's for med from London! I got a bit spooked when my friend got a Dentistry offer from Queen's almost a month ago now!!! He had his interview a week ago now.

On the 'medic portal' it states - "Queen’s University Belfast begins to send interview invitations on a rolling basis from December onwards"

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/medical-school-interview/school-by-school-interview-tips/queens-medicine-interview/

Above is the link to where it says that. It is second hand info so no guarantee that it is right...but it is the best I could find. Fingers crossed i guess! Good luck :smile:
I got my conditional offer today for Psychology!!! So excited :h::h:
Original post by Araucana
My son has applied for this - how soon after applying did you get an offer? Can I ask what offer they gave you? Thanks

sorry for the delay haha, it was BBB in 2-4 days at most? i got all of my offers within a week and this was this first one i got. hopefully all went well for your son!
Original post by carp200
sorry for the delay haha, it was BBB in 2-4 days at most? i got all of my offers within a week and this was this first one i got. hopefully all went well for your

BBB here as well - with a B in computer science which made me laugh as all Bs in offer anyway. He has accepted offer as firm choice.
Anyone applied for Social Work Relevant Graduate Route?
Original post by erindonaghy
I got my conditional offer today for Psychology!!! So excited :h::h:

Hi @erindonaghy,
Congratulations on getting your conditional offer from Queen's! Hopefully we will see you in September!

Team Queen's,
Tyree, 3rd year Music and Audio Production

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending