The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen's University Belfast (QUB) Applicants Thread 2023

Scroll to see replies

Good luck for everyone getting results today:smile:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Good luck to everyone getting their results today!

Our Clearing and Admissions Support lines are now open:

Clearing Enquiries +44 (0) 28 9244 3498
Support with current application +44 (0) 28 9097 3838.

You can also visit our Clearing and Admissions Support page here.

Copy of Screenshot & Save.jpg
Reply 122
Has anyone heard back from accom yet? I know they start allocating today but I haven’t seen a single person being offered accommodation yet:s-smilie:
Reply 123
Original post by Akkaaa
Has anyone heard back from accom yet? I know they start allocating today but I haven’t seen a single person being offered accommodation yet:s-smilie:

Still waiting to hear back myself :frown:
I haven’t heard anything about accom yet either
Reply 125
I just got my accom email and I’m kind of bummed that I’m being offered a 6 bed when I literally only chose 3/4 ppl apartments in the ranking :frown:
Reply 126
Original post by Akkaaa
I just got my accom email and I’m kind of bummed that I’m being offered a 6 bed when I literally only chose 3/4 ppl apartments in the ranking :frown:

Oh that's not ideal :s-smilie: I'm still waiting to hear back and getting pretty nervous now
Original post by IMEirinn
Oh that's not ideal :s-smilie: I'm still waiting to hear back and getting pretty nervous now

Same 😬😬
Anyone heard from Queens about accommodation ??
Reply 129
Original post by Parentbiomed

Nope, still waiting! :frown:
is anyone going to Queens from england, I'm getting nervous about the logistics of how I'm gonna take all my stuff
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 131
Original post by Maddybull
is anyone going to Queens from england, I'm getting nervous about the logistics of how I'm gonna take all my stuff

I think they have this service called mybaggage that lets you send 30kg suitcases door to door. So you can send your stuff a few days ahead of you going.
Original post by Parentbiomed

not yet!! will update when i do
Reply 133
Original post by Maddybull

im going to ferry it and buy most of my things when I get there
Reply 134
Heard back finally about accommodation and got my absolute last choice.. It seems like there has been a whole lot of applications and barely anyone is getting what they wanted. :s-smilie:
I'm getting anxious about getting into accommodation, I only live 20 miles from the school but it would be really difficult for me were I to be stuck living at home during my course, as I can't really drive and I live like 2 miles from the nearest train station... now I feel really stupid for not putting in any preference for BT9 accommodation. I really hope it's just the manual process taking a long time to get to people who are closer to the school but I'm starting to believe I'll never get a spot.
Reply 136
Original post by RegenTrop
I'm getting anxious about getting into accommodation, I only live 20 miles from the school but it would be really difficult for me were I to be stuck living at home during my course, as I can't really drive and I live like 2 miles from the nearest train station... now I feel really stupid for not putting in any preference for BT9 accommodation. I really hope it's just the manual process taking a long time to get to people who are closer to the school but I'm starting to believe I'll never get a spot.

I hope you hear back soon! I have a friend who went to QUB who told me this whole ordeal with accommodation is nothing new. :s-smilie: NI students getting the lowest priority makes sense from a locality perspective but, at the same time, it feels pretty unfair!
Original post by Queen's University Belfast

Welcome to the Queen’s University Belfast applicants thread for 2023 :hello:

If you are thinking of applying to Queen’s, then this is the thread for you!

We are here to answer any questions you might have about studying at Queen's, plus it’s also the perfect place to chat to other applicants.

Here are a few questions to get you started:

📚 Which course(s) are you thinking of applying to?
🎓 Are you undergrad/postgrad?
🌎 Where are you applying from?
Have you any questions about studying at Queen’s?

You can also check out what our student bloggers have to say about life at Queen's in our Student Guide.

Good luck with your applications!

#LoveQUB

Screenshot 2021-08-17 at 14.19.38.jpg

I am an international student planning for January intake I wanted to know I the following course has a January intake and if so when will the same open for admission
MSC molecular biology and biotechnology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending