The Student Room Group

Student finance text message

I got the message saying I get money on the 22nd but, my stuff is apparently still processing. I called them on Monday and they said processing finishes on the 29th. So will I get my money or will I stay poor for another week😭
Original post by Granolakiddo
I got the message saying I get money on the 22nd but, my stuff is apparently still processing. I called them on Monday and they said processing finishes on the 29th. So will I get my money or will I stay poor for another week😭

What is the exact wording in the text message you received? Does it say you will "get money on the 22nd"? Or does it say something like "your payment will be processed on 22nd" or that "processing will commence on 22nd"?

Given that there's a full week between the date in the text and the date you were told on the phone, it seems likely that they have a one-week window during which they process everyone's payments (which can't all happen simultaneously at exactly the same time) and that your payment could arrive at any point within that one-week window. However, this is speculation on my part.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly.
Original post by DataVenia
What is the exact wording in the text message you received? Does it say you will "get money on the 22nd"? Or does it say something like "your payment will be processed on 22nd" or that "processing will commence on 22nd"?

Given that there's a full week between the date in the text and the date you were told on the phone, it seems likely that they have a one-week window during which they process everyone's payments (which can't all happen simultaneously at exactly the same time) and that your payment could arrive at any point within that one-week window. However, this is speculation on my part.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along shortly.

The text says: ‘your student finance payment will arrive in your bank account by 5pm on 22nd Sept. If you do not have it by then please contact your bank before you contact us’
The text says: ‘your student finance payment will arrive in your bank account by 5pm on 22nd Sept. If you do not have it by then please contact your bank before you contact us’

so your going to get your money why did you call them when they literally TOLD you that you're getting it ffs
The text says: your student finance payment will arrive in your bank account by 5pm on 22nd Sept. If you do not have it by then please contact your bank before you contact us’

That seems fairly clear and unambiguous to me. Barring any processing error (for which you should contact your bank), the payment will be in your bank account by 5pm tomorrow.
Reply 5

Heyyy,

just wondering did u get paid on the 22nd or end up hetying it later, i am in the same issue?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending