The Student Room Group

Late Student Finance Causing Issues

So I got on to a course through clearing and had to send a paper application for my finance due to some strangeness with my PGCE meaning that I couldn't apply through the website.
The enrolment team at my university have been saying that I will not be able to enrol until I produce at least half of this year's fees unless student finance England provide confirmation of my loan being approved. I only received confirmation that SFE had received my application on the 24th and with the wait time estimated at at least 6 weeks I can't expect my loan to be confirmed until around the second week of October at the earliest. Is there anything I can do in this scenario or do I just have to accept the potential loss of my place on my course? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Axlotl
So I got on to a course through clearing and had to send a paper application for my finance due to some strangeness with my PGCE meaning that I couldn't apply through the website.
The enrolment team at my university have been saying that I will not be able to enrol until I produce at least half of this year's fees unless student finance England provide confirmation of my loan being approved. I only received confirmation that SFE had received my application on the 24th and with the wait time estimated at at least 6 weeks I can't expect my loan to be confirmed until around the second week of October at the earliest. Is there anything I can do in this scenario or do I just have to accept the potential loss of my place on my course? Thanks.

Is there no possibility that you can speak to the finance team showing them proof you have sent the papers to SFE. As some students at my university didn't pay until a couple of weeks in. Possibly due to the same issue as you are going through.
Reply 2
Original post by LO0op
Is there no possibility that you can speak to the finance team showing them proof you have sent the papers to SFE. As some students at my university didn't pay until a couple of weeks in. Possibly due to the same issue as you are going through.

When I asked about it they simply reiterated that half of the year's fee must be paid before enrolment onto the course. Sucks to not be able to produce 4,500 on demand eh?
Reply 3
Original post by Axlotl
When I asked about it they simply reiterated that half of the year's fee must be paid before enrolment onto the course. Sucks to not be able to produce 4,500 on demand eh?

Worst case: get a loan from the bank and use that to pay the university. Then the pay the bank off with the SFE? Not sure the process of getting a loan from the bank.
Reply 4
Original post by LO0op
Worst case: get a loan from the bank and use that to pay the university. Then the pay the bank off with the SFE? Not sure the process of getting a loan from the bank.

Yeah, I'm looking in to that however I'm doubtful that with no prospective income and no savings that they'd be willing. Suppose it's worth a shot! Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending