The Student Room Group

My online application

Hello,

I have tried to apply for student finance online and I am not able to click on the undergraduate section as it says 'there are currently no undergraduate applications available'. It seems like this section is blocked and I'm trying to understand the reason why is not working. I need to apply for the fourth and last year of uni and I just undertook the year abroad last year (2022-2023) and now for the year 2023-2024 I'm having problems with the application. Please, I need help to solve this problem.
Original post by Mogliacci
Hello,

I have tried to apply for student finance online and I am not able to click on the undergraduate section as it says 'there are currently no undergraduate applications available'. It seems like this section is blocked and I'm trying to understand the reason why is not working. I need to apply for the fourth and last year of uni and I just undertook the year abroad last year (2022-2023) and now for the year 2023-2024 I'm having problems with the application. Please, I need help to solve this problem.

Can I suggest that you ask this question in the Ask Student Finance England forum? That way, you're likely to get a response from one of the experts who actually works for Student Finance England. (You could also call them: 0300 100 0607.)

(If you're elsewhere in the UK, you'll want to use the SAAS - Student Award Agency for Scotland, Student Finance Wales, or Student Finance Northern Ireland forums).
Hello,

Hi there, are you repeating a year of study or have you changed your course length at all?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
I have applied for a year abroad last year as a third year and I just came back so I have to apply for the fourth year but the online application it seems blocked and I think this is because the uni length is 3 years but plus the year abroad there’s gonna be the fourth one and the website now doesn’t show me the undergraduate applications.

Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, are you repeating a year of study or have you changed your course length at all?

Thanks, Jason
I have applied for a year abroad last year as a third year and I just came back so I have to apply for the fourth year but the online application it seems blocked and I think this is because the uni length is 3 years but plus the year abroad there’s gonna be the fourth one and the website now doesn’t show me the undergraduate applications.

Hi there,

Do you have a non-English address on your account? If so, we're aware of an issue where this causes students to be unable to apply.

Can you temporarily put your address to an English one? That will allow you to re-apply and you can then change your address back.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 5
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Do you have a non-English address on your account? If so, we're aware of an issue where this causes students to be unable to apply.

Can you temporarily put your address to an English one? That will allow you to re-apply and you can then change your address back.

Thanks, Graeme

Of course I have an English address. What do you mean by that?
Of course I have an English address. What do you mean by that?

We're aware of an issue where this causes students to be unable to apply if they have a non-English address on the account.

So, if you have an English address this doesn't apply to you.

Are you entitled to both the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 7
Original post by Graeme SFE
We're aware of an issue where this causes students to be unable to apply if they have a non-English address on the account.

So, if you have an English address this doesn't apply to you.

Are you entitled to both the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans?

Thanks, Graeme

Yes, I am.
Yes, I am.

Thank you. If you can contact us via the live chat in your account we'll check your account and help you apply for the final year. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending