The Student Room Group

A level Biology revision help

I've been trying to see if there are free little quizzes that u can do online for biology A level OCR. If anyone knows any websites or an app that provides free quizzes for A level bio can u drop the link please.

Also if u have any ideas how to revise the content quickly and efficiently because no matter how hard i try i find it hard to keep all the content in my head and the mark schemes are so annoyingly specific as well I have no clue how I'm gonna do well (I'm in second year btw)
I do medicine right now, but when I did my A-level biology the way I kept content in my head is by creating flashcards. I still, till this day, from GCSE all the way up to university level utilise active recall. Like you want, it’s like flashcards that you make (I use Anki on macOS) and you can test yourself on content in a spaced out interval (so if you learn it on 1 day, you test in again in like 3 days and so fourth)

It is effort to make them but the results you get at the end of it is priceless, IMO. At the end of the day, you get out what you put in. Start now and review it continuously; you can even put mark scheme answers on your flashcard and pin point any key word or phrases that are correlated to that concept. For example if it’s to recall stages in respiration: the key points are a must have and you could commit these to memory by active recall.

Hope this helps, for clarity I got A* in ocr A biology. Have a good day :smile:
Reply 2
Quizlet has some premade ones which you could check out or make your own on, it's dead easy. It makes quizzes out of the flashcards too.
Reply 3
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I do medicine right now, but when I did my A-level biology the way I kept content in my head is by creating flashcards. I still, till this day, from GCSE all the way up to university level utilise active recall. Like you want, it’s like flashcards that you make (I use Anki on macOS) and you can test yourself on content in a spaced out interval (so if you learn it on 1 day, you test in again in like 3 days and so fourth)

It is effort to make them but the results you get at the end of it is priceless, IMO. At the end of the day, you get out what you put in. Start now and review it continuously; you can even put mark scheme answers on your flashcard and pin point any key word or phrases that are correlated to that concept. For example if it’s to recall stages in respiration: the key points are a must have and you could commit these to memory by active recall.

Do you still have the flashcards that you used? I'm aiming for an a* to get into medicine too.
Thank you.
Reply 4
If you search on quizlet then you will find many
Original post by CaptainDuckie

That’s so impressive! What resources did you find the most impressive to make notes from? I find myself not knowing which textbook or website to use

Quick Reply

Latest