The Student Room Group

Sharing TMUA result with unis

I am planning on doing the TMUA as I am applying for Cambridge economics. Does sending your TMUA result to universities affect your chance of admission or is it only used to obtain reduced offers? If it assists your overall admission chance I was wondering how I could ensure the unis do not look over my application until the TMUA is sent to them, as in my UCAS application it requires that I send my application to all relevant unis at once. Thanks everyone
Original post by Throwaway1686
it requires that I send my application to all relevant unis at once

Not sure about the original question but this is not true, you can apply to less than 5 at first and add more to your remaining slots later (any time before the Jan deadline)
Original post by Throwaway1686
I am planning on doing the TMUA as I am applying for Cambridge economics. Does sending your TMUA result to universities affect your chance of admission or is it only used to obtain reduced offers? If it assists your overall admission chance I was wondering how I could ensure the unis do not look over my application until the TMUA is sent to them, as in my UCAS application it requires that I send my application to all relevant unis at once. Thanks everyone

Hi there!

Firstly, are you applying to courses which accept the TMUA? There are some which do for Maths and Economics, but it's quite a short list. You can see it here. If the course you're applying to do accept it, email the Admissions Office and tell them that you've sat the TMUA. They might make a note on your file. You won't be able to stop them looking at it if they want to until they've got the TMUA result, but if they know there's still some outstanding information, they should wait to receive it before making a decision.

If the course you're applying to don't accept the TMUA, they won't consider it.
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Hi there!

Firstly, are you applying to courses which accept the TMUA? There are some which do for Maths and Economics, but it's quite a short list. You can see it here. If the course you're applying to do accept it, email the Admissions Office and tell them that you've sat the TMUA. They might make a note on your file. You won't be able to stop them looking at it if they want to until they've got the TMUA result, but if they know there's still some outstanding information, they should wait to receive it before making a decision.

If the course you're applying to don't accept the TMUA, they won't consider it.

Ah, I'd previously glanced at a list of universities that accept the TMUA and assumed they would consider it for economics but it seems this is not the case. Thanks for responding
Reply 4
Just wondering if when they receive the result, do universities see the raw score (i.e. something out of 40) or the scaled grade (e.g. something out of 9) ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending