The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

Chichester Uni Accommodation

So I live in Portsmouth and I’m planning on going to Chichester University in 2023 to do Childhood Studies and doing the University accommodation there. I’m less likely to be accepted due to my home being about half an hour away, however I’d really like to experience it. I’m wondering if anyone thinks it’s worth it for me to do it or has done the same thing?
There are a lot of students I know who commute to Chichester from places like Portsmouth, Littlehampton, Bognor Regis etc. I'll admit they possibly tend to show up less than those in halls but, of course, that can just be a personal thing to do with their own lives.

Regarding halls, I came here from further away so had a place in halls and am now in a house. I've enjoyed it and it has been helpful to be around to do things like head into the library to get work done easier, or know that I don't have to worry about public transport or traffic when arranging to do things with friends because we can just walk and meet up.

That said, I know that students (including myself) who have no choice but to move have really struggled with finding housing this past year because the uni is taking on more students. You definitely won't be able to rely on getting into halls because first years who can't commute, students with disabilities and older students who can't find accommodation need those rooms.

I think, really, you've got three options.
- If you're there to learn and you'll show up and make the most of your course then commuting will suit you fine.
- If you want more of a social life and to be able to meet people and go out with ease then living at uni would be easier. In that case, if you're totally set on Chi your best bet would be to look in the private sector and try to get a room with some older students (you could also contact accom but I wouldn't bank on them being too helpful based on personal experience).
- Or, if you want to live at uni and that's your priority the other option would possibly be to look elsewhere at a uni that will guarantee you halls.
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Hey! I think the uni changed the policy now so anyone can apply for accommodation no matter where they live. I was looking at their website and it says that they introduced that last year but have scrapped it for this year so you should be fine to apply for accommodation :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending