The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

MPhil Real Estate Finance REF Cambridge 2023

Anyone applied for this course/ Planning to apply... would like to get connected and and start a forum

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I'm planning to apply this Oct for the 2024 entry. Would like to get connected!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by bintesha
Anyone applied for this course/ Planning to apply... would like to get connected and and start a forum

Hi, I have made an application but it is still under department review at the moment. Have you had any further updates? :smile:
I have applied too!, if you dont mind me asking what are yours and other peoples credentials?

I have applied with a 1st class in economics and sociology from the university of Manchester and with a years experience in front of house research and investment at a boutique asset manager. However i had to apply very late due to personal circumstances so i am not feeling too positive as a result but i do not know how much that is weighted in.

I spent alot of time doing the research proposal, does anyone know if its important?

Best of luck to everyone!
Anyone had an update on their application? :smile:
Reply 5
still says under review by depart. Submitted on 16th Dec.
From what I can gather, they are currently reviewing 'batch 3' which is applications submitted from December to the end of January.
Original post by Owenzzz
still says under review by depart. Submitted on 16th Dec.
Reply 7
Original post by bravohb8
From what I can gather, they are currently reviewing 'batch 3' which is applications submitted from December to the end of January.

I have ‘chased’ the result about a week ago and ve been told that the admission process has been delayed coz the recent industrial actions, they are expecting to give me the result by end of March, so I guess is gonna be this week.
Good luck!
Original post by Owenzzz
I have ‘chased’ the result about a week ago and ve been told that the admission process has been delayed coz the recent industrial actions, they are expecting to give me the result by end of March, so I guess is gonna be this week.
Original post by millerac2
I have applied too!, if you dont mind me asking what are yours and other peoples credentials?

I have applied with a 1st class in economics and sociology from the university of Manchester and with a years experience in front of house research and investment at a boutique asset manager. However i had to apply very late due to personal circumstances so i am not feeling too positive as a result but i do not know how much that is weighted in.

I spent alot of time doing the research proposal, does anyone know if its important?

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi, I received an offer in January and I did not do the research proposal. I don't think its necessary.
Just moved to PAO, fully applied at january 23th!
Original post by Compopan
Just moved to PAO, fully applied at january 23th!

Con!!! May I kindly ask if you have got relevant experience?
Original post by Owenzzz
Con!!! May I kindly ask if you have got relevant experience?

Shoot me a PM!
Sorry, TSR doesn't let me reply to PMs yet, hopefully soon I can reply to you.

Received my conditional offer today btw.
(edited 1 year ago)
I plan to apply in the following weeks for the 2024 intake - how long did it take for you guys to hear back?
From what I heard, they sometimes take up to 4 months with their response...
Reply 15
Original post by Jvkdamerow
I plan to apply in the following weeks for the 2024 intake - how long did it take for you guys to hear back?
From what I heard, they sometimes take up to 4 months with their response...

Hey. I applied to MPhil REF too and submitted my application on 7th October. Still haven't heard back, as my application is under review by Department. What about yourself?
Original post by Raja12
Hey. I applied to MPhil REF too and submitted my application on 7th October. Still haven't heard back, as my application is under review by Department. What about yourself?

I have not yet sent my application - do you care to share some info about your stats?
Reply 17
Original post by Jvkdamerow
I have not yet sent my application - do you care to share some info about your stats?

Sure,

Current University and Course: Durham University - BSc Finance
Predicted Grade: 1st Class
Experiences: Real Estate Summer Internship, Investment Banking Summer Internship, Several Spring Week Internships
Reply 18
Original post by andre1412james
I've applied! I go to Reading and study Investment and Finance in Property. Hoping to get onto the Cambridge masters programme!

Great to hear! Have you heard back yet?
Original post by Raja12
Great to hear! Have you heard back yet?

Thanks! I applied around the 1st of December, it just says being reviewed by department. Does anyone know if there are interviews held for this course and whether they are technical, motivational or both?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending