The Student Room Group

MPhil in finance 2024-25 intake- Cambridge

Hi all,

Seems like not many of us have heard back yet despite submitting applications over 12 weeks ago.
All updates/discussions are welcome!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Still at ^under review by department^ stage, applied on 5th December
Anybody heard anything? Still under department review
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
Anybody heard anything? Still under department review

Same!
Reply 4
Any updates?
Reply 5
Original post by Loko12345
Any updates?

Nope, saw two offers being made thats it
Original post by Anonymous #1

Was that today or just in general?
Reply 7

Was that today or just in general?

Oh just in general till take
Reply 8
Till date^
Original post by Anonymous #1

Just wondering if these are formal offers or PAO? Or decision pending?
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous #3

Just wondering if these are formal offers or PAO? Or decision pending?

One PAO and one decision pending from what I remember
any updates for MPhil Finance? Still at under review?
Original post by Anonymous #4

MPhil F+E still at department review
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous #4

Yes sir, not sure what to expect now. They might start sending offers in march maybe given the previous intake data march and April seem to be important months for finance applicants
Hi guys! I received an offer from LSE, and I am expected to accept it or decline it within the next weeks. Cambridge is my first and top choice, and my application from Cambridge is still under review by the department (applied late November), I don't know what to do. Should I send an email to the admission office, and inform them of this situation in order to solicit an update regarding the status of my application?
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous #5
Hi guys! I received an offer from LSE, and I am expected to accept it or decline it within the next weeks. Cambridge is my first and top choice, and my application from Cambridge is still under review by the department (applied late November), I don't know what to do. Should I send an email to the admission office, and inform them of this situation in order to solicit an update regarding the status of my application?

I think you should send them an email. Although I have been under review since 7th December too, emailed them a couple days back and all they said was that they confirmed with the department and my application is still under review. They also mentioned that majority of the offers are given out in February and march but some people may get their offers in may-june too
I think there is a degree committee meeting for Econ dept on 28th Feb, so maybe it’s likely we hear back after that? I applied early November and still at department review.
Reply 17
I think there is a degree committee meeting for Econ dept on 28th Feb, so maybe it’s likely we hear back after that? I applied early November and still at department review.

This is for MPhil jn finance tho right? So how is economics related to this program?
Original post by Saach
I think you should send them an email. Although I have been under review since 7th December too, emailed them a couple days back and all they said was that they confirmed with the department and my application is still under review. They also mentioned that majority of the offers are given out in February and march but some people may get their offers in may-june too

Did they suggest that those receiving offers in May/June would be those that were placed on the wait list initially?
Reply 19

Did they suggest that those receiving offers in May/June would be those that were placed on the wait list initially?

Nope nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending