The Student Room Group

computer science 2023

what are my chances of getting an offer from any of these universities for computer science?

1) UCL 2) Warwick 3) Durham 4) Bristol 5) Leeds

I know I am at a disadvantage without taking FM but is it even worth applying for the first 4 unis?

Predicted: A*A*A in maths, computer science and physics + A* EPQ
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by xinjiel0001
what are my chances of getting an offer from any of these universities for computer science?

1) UCL 2)Warwick 3) Durham 4) Bristol 5)Leeds

I know I am at a disadvantage without taking FM but is it even worth applying for the first 4 unis?

I have just checked ucas course search and none of the first 4 have FM as a preferred or required subject so you are not at a disadvantage. The problem is all your choices are likely to be over subscribed as CS is extremely hot at the moment. Perhaps you ought to think about having one of your choices as an insurance choice.
if your personal statement is good you will almost certainly get an offer from all of them except ucl which is very competitive, your chances will be a bit lower with that but you should be fine
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
I have just checked ucas course search and none of the first 4 have FM as a preferred or required subject so you are not at a disadvantage. The problem is all your choices are likely to be over subscribed as CS is extremely hot at the moment. Perhaps you ought to think about having one of your choices as an insurance choice.

Is it necessary to add an insurance option in addition to those? I want to make sure I pass.
please tell me did u get into nay of those ????
Original post by xinjiel0001

1) UCL 2) Warwick 3) Durham 4) Bristol 5) Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending