The Student Room Group

Lancaster university course error

Hi. I just received an email today from Lancaster university about an error on their course. The email said:
We are writing to notify you of an error on our course website for 2023 entry.
For a period between November 2022 and April 2023 our course pages incorrectly stated that our degree schemes are accredited by British Computer Society (BCS) for 2023 entry. We’ve recently made significant updates to our degree schemes, introducing refreshed content and greater flexibility in module choices so that your studies continue to be at the forefront of this evolving field. This means that the BSC can only accredit the programmes once the refreshed degree is in its second year of study.
During our last (successful) accreditation panel in 2022, BCS therefore suggested re-visiting our department in 2025. At this time we expect BCS to offer a full accreditation of your degree scheme.

How will this affect my course?
(accidently sent this on the wrong section)
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
omg i also got that email today, but noone else seems to be talking about it! google doesn't really help, i'm still so confused
Reply 2
Original post by h4zma24
Hi. I just received an email today from Lancaster university about an error on their course. The email said:
We are writing to notify you of an error on our course website for 2023 entry.
For a period between November 2022 and April 2023 our course pages incorrectly stated that our degree schemes are accredited by British Computer Society (BCS) for 2023 entry. We’ve recently made significant updates to our degree schemes, introducing refreshed content and greater flexibility in module choices so that your studies continue to be at the forefront of this evolving field. This means that the BSC can only accredit the programmes once the refreshed degree is in its second year of study.
During our last (successful) accreditation panel in 2022, BCS therefore suggested re-visiting our department in 2025. At this time we expect BCS to offer a full accreditation of your degree scheme.

How will this affect my course?
(accidently sent this on the wrong section)

omg i also got that email today, but noone else seems to be talking about it! google doesn't really help, i'm still so confused
Hi! I'm not 100% sure on the impact of this but if the Computing department is expecting BCS to accredit the degree despite the changes, it would mean that you'd still graduate with an accredited degree (the accreditation will just happen in your 2nd year). Not certain if that helps but hopefully my reply will bring the attention of other ambassadors who may know for sure. You can also email the Computing department about the effects or just more details about this at this email address: [email protected].

I can say though that as a Computer Science student who's experienced the old curriculum, the new content has definitely improved the degree scheme and offers a lot more topics and optional modules so don't worry about the changes!

- Sophia (Student Ambassador)
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest