University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Official University of Leicester 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Leicester
Hello @DarylO

Congratulations on sending your application in! And so glad to hear you've applied for Leicester- best of luck for your offers!

Great to hear that you loved the modules and the school :biggrin: It's definitely a nerve racking time waiting for those offers, but remember that you've done the best you can with your application :smile: Hopefully this won't happen, but don't write off anything off as a rejection until you've seen it in official writing!! Sometimes it takes time to process the applications (universities get soo many!).

For the maths test, I would definitely wait and see what information the university provide you with, perhaps do some general prep in the mean time. But it might also be worth trying our Unibuddy service and asking a couple of our current engineering students about it? Unibuddy

Let me know how you get on! Always happy to chat more- Alisha :smile: (UK Student Recruitment Support Officer)

Thank you so much for the reassurances and information. :h: I'll exercise patience and hope for the best. My school hasn't even sent it through yet so I'm overthinking things.

I've been studying the A Level textbooks to prepare for the test, and I'll definitely be checking out the Unibuddy site.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Hi @Aceful

Great to hear you've applied! Best of luck:crossedf:

Have you had a change to visit on an Open Day previously or are you coming to an upcoming Offer Holder Day?

I'm happy to help answer any questions you may have- as I mentioned in another post, I studied at Leicester for 8 years (MChem and PhD) so I've had plenty of time to find out all the great stuff!

-Alisha :smile: (UK Student Recruitment Support Officer)

Thank you, I haven't had a chance to visit Leicester in person but I have attended December's virtual open day talks and events.

I am planning to go to one of the offer holder days for my course in 2023 as I have received my conditional offer. :smile:

In terms of finding part time work at university, are there flexible positions available within the university and when would you recommend applying for part time jobs.

Thanks,
Original post by Aceful
Thank you, I haven't had a chance to visit Leicester in person but I have attended December's virtual open day talks and events.

I am planning to go to one of the offer holder days for my course in 2023 as I have received my conditional offer. :smile:

In terms of finding part time work at university, are there flexible positions available within the university and when would you recommend applying for part time jobs.

Thanks,

Hey @Aceful

Congratulations on receiving your conditional offer!! :smile:

Great that you were able to join our virtual open day and even better that you're planning on visiting us next year! I'd love to hear how you find things and get on- I hope you love it as much as I do (definitely check out the food outlets on campus!)

Yes there's lots of opportunities to secure part time work at university, I worked as a Student Ambassador whilst I was there. I helped out on Open Days, giving tours or directions and this also gave me other opportunities during the summer, like working at the University Summer Schools :smile: (It's paid well and great fun!). Applications are normally open and advertised for this around October and in Spring each year. Here's a bit more info

I've had friends at uni who have also worked at supermarkets or in local cafes/pubs etc (less flexible). It's worth noting though that the Uni regulations say that you should not be working more than 15 hours a week, during term time - this is to make sure you have the all important time to spend on your studies!

It might also be worth checking out our new Cost of Living Hub to show you the range of things that we're doing to support students and make your student experience more affordable :smile:

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

-Alisha :smile: (UK Student Recruitment Support Officer)
Hello!

Thanks for visiting our official University of Leicester 2023 Applicant Thread. Here, you can find other applicants who are also considering the University of Leicester some may even be considering the same course as you! You can also ask us any questions that you may have about the University of Leicester in general what it’s like to study here, student life, accommodation and the city of Leicester…!

We thought we would start the thread with some questions for you:

What course are you thinking of applying for?
How do you feel about starting university in 2023?
Do you have anything you're particularly excited or nervous about?

To find out lots more about the University of Leicester, head to Leicester: On Demand where you can hear more from academics, current students and find out more about applying to university. You can also keep up-to-date with our upcoming Open Days or find out more about our undergraduate courses!

We look forward to chatting to you all below! :smile:

Heyy,
I applied for Law LLB at university of Leicester.

I’m so excited to move out and go to university.
I am nervous I’ll miss home but hopefully Leicester will become a ‘home’ away from home.
Does anyone know if people are getting accomodation application emails. I applied for Med so I haven't got an offer yet I just want to know if I'll be at disadvantage for accom choices
Original post by MiriGyu
Does anyone know if people are getting accomodation application emails. I applied for Med so I haven't got an offer yet I just want to know if I'll be at disadvantage for accom choices

Not yet. My son is also a med applicant. Only offer holder day email so far
Reply 26
Hi I’m just wondering is accounting and finance available usually in clearing for uni of Leicester in previous years also do u think it will be available this year
Reply 27
Hi has anyone got accommodation offer yet? Dsughter doing medicine is gap year student with grades but not heard anything back regarding accommodation offers. Applied over 6 weeks ago.
Original post by AC28
Hi I’m just wondering is accounting and finance available usually in clearing for uni of Leicester in previous years also do u think it will be available this year

Hi @AC28,

Great to know you are interested in studying Accounting and Finance with us. The best place to stay up to date all things clearing is through our clearing website, through this, you can even sign up to receive updates from us to you are more than prepared for results day!

All the best and any further questions, please let us know.:biggrin:

- Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)
Reply 29
Hi @AC28,

Great to know you are interested in studying Accounting and Finance with us. The best place to stay up to date all things clearing is through our clearing website, through this, you can even sign up to receive updates from us to you are more than prepared for results day!

All the best and any further questions, please let us know.:biggrin:

- Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)

Thanks for replying, last year what was the grades required for clearing for uni of Leicester for accounting and finance?
Reply 30
Hii, i’m going to uni of leicester this september for psychology BSc! is anyone else going to the same course as i am? :colondollar:
Original post by Lovelyz
Hii, i’m going to uni of leicester this september for psychology BSc! is anyone else going to the same course as i am? :colondollar:

Congratulations @Lovelyz! Welcome to the University of Leicester family :biggrin:

Have you joined our Offer Holder Community on Unibuddy? You can connect with students just like you!

Psychology is a great course to study and we hope you enjoy every second of it!

In the meantime, give us a message if you have any questions!

-Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-ordinator)
Original post by AC28
Thanks for replying, last year what was the grades required for clearing for uni of Leicester for accounting and finance?

Hi @AC28,

The grades in clearing vary each year, depending on how many clearing spaces we have. Be sure to check our website and give us a ring on 0116 373 6000 to see about a place!

-Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)
Reply 33
Hi I applied for the Ancient history and classical archaeology course (DL) and got an unconditional offer within a few days. Where I messed up is that as my Dip course wasn't due to finish until end of July and I thought time was going to be an issue regarding applications I applied to start in Feb, then everything came together all at once, by the start of August I had my offer (which I accepted) my SFE was sorted out and I had been awarded DSA. There was now no reason I couldn't have started this September instead of having to twiddle my thumbs until February. As the course is DL I will only get to campus a few times over the three years which is a bit of a shame but something to look forward to, could I just ask what is the nearest accommodation to campus with adapted rooms and what is the parking situation like on campus for disabled drivers?
Original post by Pkell33
Hi I applied for the Ancient history and classical archaeology course (DL) and got an unconditional offer within a few days. Where I messed up is that as my Dip course wasn't due to finish until end of July and I thought time was going to be an issue regarding applications I applied to start in Feb, then everything came together all at once, by the start of August I had my offer (which I accepted) my SFE was sorted out and I had been awarded DSA. There was now no reason I couldn't have started this September instead of having to twiddle my thumbs until February. As the course is DL I will only get to campus a few times over the three years which is a bit of a shame but something to look forward to, could I just ask what is the nearest accommodation to campus with adapted rooms and what is the parking situation like on campus for disabled drivers?

Hi @Pkell33,

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your offer! :smile:

We have accessible rooms across all of our accommodation sites, with the one nearest to campus being either Nixon court or Freemens common. Here is the link directly to our accommodation website where you can have a look at different room types and prices. You can do this by going to "Room types" and selecting "Accessible Room" and any other relevant filters: https://le.ac.uk/study/accommodation/search

Parking permits for any site are available for students with mobility difficulties. There are designated parking spaces for disabled drivers on the main campus and at least one at each of the outlying sites.

Hope these helps! Please keep the questions coming if you have any more of those! :smile:

- Shahla (Student Recruitment Assistant)
Hey there! I recently applied to the April Spring 2024 slot for an MA in Education. I know this is the 2023 thread, but I think the question would apply either way. Is the 28 day decision window applicable to MA programs, and if so, from what point does it start? The day the application was submitted, or the latest update? I added my diploma picture a few days after and was not sure if that reset the review process to a new 28 days or not. All the best!
(Deleted)
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by anonymous20023
Hey there! I recently applied to the April Spring 2024 slot for an MA in Education. I know this is the 2023 thread, but I think the question would apply either way. Is the 28 day decision window applicable to MA programs, and if so, from what point does it start? The day the application was submitted, or the latest update? I added my diploma picture a few days after and was not sure if that reset the review process to a new 28 days or not. All the best!

Hi there,

Great to hear you have applied for one of our Master's programmes. I have checked with admissions, and they have informed me that there is not a 28 day decision window:smile:

If you need any more assistance please let us know.:biggrin:

-Anna (UK Student Recruitment Co-Ordinator)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending