The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Official University of Bristol 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Bristol for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Note: The forms and documents in this thread are not managed or operated by The Student Room, and are set up by members of the community. Please do take this into account when entering your details into this form. All data you share is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/staying-safe-on-the-student-room

Offer form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdk_WZVQlzyFMQoVneTIKh-LA3fTnqfHiClgnOKp-noG2-5BQ/viewform

Result spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uqjRPwWRBIW4nSlsncRIYzvOCvx4-xOHvkdWMkS5_tg/edit#gid=502271278
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi!!

BSc Psychology
Applied 6th Oct
Offered 18th Oct. Conditions: IB 38 points, HLs 18 points with at least a 6 in HL Chem, HL Bio or HL Psy.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University of Bristol for 2023!

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find the list of all other applicant threads for 2023 here. Good luck! :heart:

Hey! I’ve already sent my application and I’m hoping to study law. Right now I’m doing sociology english lit and history :smile:
I applied on Friday 7th October for a BSc in Mathematics and Computer Science and received an offer on Tuesday 11th October (contextual perks :cool:)

I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics, with an AS in Compsci.
Original post by jimmelton
I applied on Friday 7th October for a BSc in Mathematics and Computer Science and received an offer on Tuesday 11th October (contextual perks :cool:)

I'm currently studying Maths, Further Maths and Physics, with an AS in Compsci.

Im doing maths and CS as well and got the offer at the exact same time!
Original post by Anonymous
Im doing maths and CS as well and got the offer at the exact same time!

That's mint! What other unis have you applied to?
Good luck everyone! How are you all feeling about your applications?
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Good luck everyone! How are you all feeling about your applications?

Am relieved ngl! It's nice to have one offer in the bag. I can't help but wonder which aspects of my application stood out. Was it purely based on grades, PS, school reference letter, fee status? I know the typical answer is that consideration is holistic and there is no one part of the application that has higher weightage than others, but it doesn't mean I don't remain curious!
hi! I've applied for law and am currently doing alevels in eng lit, politics, history, and french!
Applied to BSc Biomedical Sciences on 12th Oct and got an offer on 19th Oct ᕕ( )ᕗ
My conditions are AAA with A in Chemistry and A in Biology or Maths.
Original post by BubblesBB
Am relieved ngl! It's nice to have one offer in the bag. I can't help but wonder which aspects of my application stood out. Was it purely based on grades, PS, school reference letter, fee status? I know the typical answer is that consideration is holistic and there is no one part of the application that has higher weightage than others, but it doesn't mean I don't remain curious!

It's always tough to not know! But I think you're right, these things do tend to be more holistic than one particular area :smile:
Original post by BubblesBB

well done! Bristol has admissions statements available for each subject, and in the one for my subject, they gave the weighting of different elements a percentage of importance so maybe have a look there!
Original post by maja wasielewski
well done! Bristol has admissions statements available for each subject, and in the one for my subject, they gave the weighting of different elements a percentage of importance so maybe have a look there!

Thanks for mentioning this! I went to check out my course assessment and it's 80% A levels equivalent and 20% GCSEs, with no allocation to other elements like PS nor reference letter. (although they are used in the consideration to differentiate applicants)
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi all.

BSc Computer Science
Applied 30th September
Offered 4h Oct. Conditions: AAB with A in Maths (contextual)
Reapplying for medicine.
Applied on 1/10/22
Achieved aaa
Part of next step Bristol so I have a guaranteed interview :smile:
Has anyone been told their offers been put on hold…? If so what grades.
Yes, A*A*A- I am so concerned about being put on hold!
Original post by Tashaflt
Yes, A*A*A- I am so concerned about being put on hold!

Okay yes that’s reassuring! What course. I’ve been put on hold with A* AA achieved and was struggling to work out if that was good or bad.
History and English- I don’t think that it’s a bad thing- if anything it’s good (not a rejection) I think that they have to review more candidates to ensure fairness. I’m sure there’s a multitude of reasons why they put ppl on hold and I don’t think that it is a reflection of you as a candidate. still not fun to receive the email though! :/
Hi! I received an offer for ancient history on the 6th with achieved grades A*A*A and I’m also taking another A Level in my gap year. Applied on the 3rd October. Also received offers from Manchester and Liverpool and waiting for Edinburgh and Glasgow. Good luck everyone!
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending