The Student Room Group

Public Health ST1 Programme 2023 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

(Original post by Anonymous)So far havent seen anything

Original post by Anonymous
So far havent seen anything

No, me neither; that was based on last year's dates...
It is best to sit tight - it's a long process!
No, they created everyone PearsonVue accounts on the 7th Dec, which doesn't guarantee an invite to the next stage, but weren't invited to the test centre until 20th Dec

Ah! Apologies. I just looked in my email. Its very much a study over Christmas time.
Original post by hkilarsk
Ah! Apologies. I just looked in my email. Its very much a study over Christmas time.

Any luck with any responses yet? Still haven't seen a thing
Any luck with any responses yet? Still haven't seen a thing

The FPH's calendar says invitations for the assessment center will start going out from next week. See here: https://medical.hee.nhs.uk/medical-training-recruitment/medical-specialty-training/public-health/recruitment-information/recruitment-timelines

Regarding how long it takes to hear back about the results of the assessment center, last year, it took practically a month. The assessment center was on 12th January and results came back 11th February.
Original post by startrek404
The FPH's calendar says invitations for the assessment center will start going out from next week. See here: https://medical.hee.nhs.uk/medical-training-recruitment/medical-specialty-training/public-health/recruitment-information/recruitment-timelines

Regarding how long it takes to hear back about the results of the assessment center, last year, it took practically a month. The assessment center was on 12th January and results came back 11th February.

From what I've seen, people are getting longlisted and the 11th is test date
Random question about RANRA - is it with or without calculator?
Random question about RANRA - is it with or without calculator?

It's without calculator.
Original post by startrek404

Inivitiations are going out this week per the calendar. Are people usually notified via email or oriel (or both)?
Inivitiations are going out this week per the calendar. Are people usually notified via email or oriel (or both)?

Typically both - as the same email you receive via Oriel will also be sent directly to your email address.
My status has changed to longlisted but I haven't received an email. Does this mean I'll be invited to the AC or could it mean that I'm a backup?
Reply 30
My status has changed to longlisted but I haven't received an email. Does this mean I'll be invited to the AC or could it mean that I'm a backup?

I've received an email today from PearsonVue saying "The Public Health National Recruitment Office Team has requested a Pearson VUE Web Account be created to allow you to schedule and manage your exam appointments" with log in information, so hopefully you'll hear today as well! My Oriel application has updated to Longlisted but I haven't received an email from Oriel

no idea. does it show shortlisting or have your received an email like the above post?
Reply 32
I've received an email to invite to the assessment centre- but you can't book until 3rd Jan.
Hope others receive them first.
There is no "shortlist" at this stage- just all those who made it through initial application get invited to the test and this is called 'longlisting'.
(edited 1 year ago)
how do you find this information out? also do you have to do assessment centre 1st?

Original post by AngPH
Yes, I am. I got onto the shortlist for interview next year but I was 100th on the list- so no chance of interview.
Reply 34
Original post by donnamarie1
Quick question has anyone got through to assessment centre but then not through any stages after that and then reapplying this year?

Yes, I did the assessment centre and got shortlisted for interview (meet the minimum standards). I emailed to find out where I was on the shortlist and I was 100th- so no chance of an interview.
I am trying again this year.
I have now received an email inviting me to the Assessment Centre :smile:

Any tips for preparation? This is my first time applying.
Reply 36
how do you find this information out? also do you have to do assessment centre 1st?

You can read about the stages on the FPH recruitment website (it is now held by health education) and read the FAQs- it's really good to understand the process before you go into this.
Yes everyone who gets through the application (i.e. oriel, has given sufficient information regarding entry and work experience) then gets invited to assessment centre. You then find out whether you've been invited to interview or on the shortlist or did not make it onto the shortlist (if don't meet minimum standards) at the end of Feb.
Reply 37
I have now received an email inviting me to the Assessment Centre :smile:

Any tips for preparation? This is my first time applying.

Practice, practice, practice ... a lot of people use Job Test Prep :smile:
Original post by AngPH
Practice, practice, practice ... a lot of people use Job Test Prep :smile:

is there a risk of people becoming complacent with JTP?
also how long is the ideal revision period?
Hello! Well done to all that were longlisted. I was longlisted the last two years and have not been longlisted this year, which I find strange as the application was the same. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending