The Student Room Group

Do i have a chance with my grades?

So ive already applied for medicine but recently ive been researching and looking around and im not sure if my grades are good enough.

GCSE: 8777666553
A-level (predicted): AAA

Could I still be considered for universities like QMUL for medicine?
Reply 1
Original post by AAmiin
So ive already applied for medicine but recently ive been researching and looking around and im not sure if my grades are good enough.

GCSE: 8777666553
A-level (predicted): AAA

Could I still be considered for universities like QMUL for medicine?

You applied for medicine without looking at the minimum entry requirements of each university?!?!?

QMUL is A*AA, so unless you're contextual, you're getting rejected. I'm sorry that you're in this position, but checking entry requirements is like the first thing you should do when choosing your universities.

What other universities have you applied for? What are your A Level subjects? What is your UCAT score?
What subject is the 3 in?
Reply 3
Original post by NerdAlert83
What subject is the 3 in?

Bio, Chem, Math
Hello, checking entry level requirements is a necessity before making application. Regretfully your grades won't qualify you for Medicine.
Original post by AAmiin
Bio, Chem, Math

AAA are good A level grades, just keep up your grades and you should be fine :redface:
Original post by AAmiin
Bio, Chem, Math

If you can get at least one of them to an A*, you have a decent chance.
Reply 7
Original post by a._5
You applied for medicine without looking at the minimum entry requirements of each university?!?!?

QMUL is A*AA, so unless you're contextual, you're getting rejected. I'm sorry that you're in this position, but checking entry requirements is like the first thing you should do when choosing your universities.

What other universities have you applied for? What are your A Level subjects? What is your UCAT score?

I thought that if you were 1 or 2 grades off you could still get an offer as its just a prefiction?

Im doing Bio, Chem and Math, and my UCAT score was something 2410 band 3.

Ive applied to UCL, QMUL, Leeds, St george.
Original post by AAmiin
I thought that if you were 1 or 2 grades off you could still get an offer as its just a prefiction?

St George's is AAA so provided you meet their GCSE requirements and their UCAT cut off, you're likely to be invited. Same with Leeds- please read their websites.

UCL is A*AA and so is QMUL so unfortunately, I don't think you will get invited for interview regardless of your UCAT/ BMAT scores. Maybe if you're contextual- so worth reading the websites.

Medicine, it's really competitive so they'll look for any reason to reject you. If you don't meet the minimum requirements, they're very unlikely to invite you for interview (unless you're contextual). All unis have different contextual criteria though so you need to read the websites.

It's too late to change your options so if you get invited at Leeds and SGUL, grab hold of the opportunity and give it your all. Best of luck!! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by AAmiin

No that's not how it works. Medicine is very competitive, so you need to hit every requirement.
UCL - A*AA minimum
QMUL - A*AA minimum
St George's - AAA minimum, but last year's UCAT cut off was 2710
Leeds - AAA minimum and uses the BMAT

Assuming you've taken the BMAT, you stand a chance of getting shortlisted for interview for Leeds. The others are going to be rejections.
Reply 10
I got in.
Reply 11
Original post by AAmiin
I got in.

congrats,if you dont mind me asking ,which uni?
Reply 12
Original post by ambrxxn1
congrats,if you dont mind me asking ,which uni?

Barts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending