The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire Universiry Business Students, what does the average week look like?

I am considering studying one courses in the Business School at Staffordshire University, and I wanted to know what the average week in the life of a Staffordshire University Business Student looked like. How many contact hours do you have? How many times are you on campus physically? Additionally, how much studying are you expected to do / actually do off campus? Do you find your course content particularly difficult?
Original post by Anonymous
I am considering studying one courses in the Business School at Staffordshire University, and I wanted to know what the average week in the life of a Staffordshire University Business Student looked like. How many contact hours do you have? How many times are you on campus physically? Additionally, how much studying are you expected to do / actually do off campus? Do you find your course content particularly difficult?

I’m a level 6 Business Student. (3rd Year at the University)
Regarding your questions, you can expect 3-4 days on campus for the business courses, with 12hrs of teaching content at the University per week. Our lectures consist of 2 types:

1hr Seminars: Bigger class learning. A high amount of teaching content.

2hr Tutorials: Smaller class learning. Exploring further what you’ve learned in the Seminars.

The teaching style at Staffs is both unique and effective. Engaging in lectures, particularly tutorials, will be very rewarding. Outside of the classroom, it’s up to you how much reading and extra research you do. The more you stay on top of it, the more you’ll get out of the course. You’ll get pre-reading for every Seminar each week to help you stay prepared.

I don’t find the course extremely challenging, however that’s because I stay on top of my reading and lectures. Like I said before, the more effort you put in, the more you’ll get out of the course.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you want to find out more info or have any more questions!
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending