The Student Room Group

[Stuck] iDEA Gold Award - Fake News Detector

Please direct me to a more appropriate forum if there is one, because I'm not entirely sure where I should be posting this.

I'm currently working towards the iDEA Gold Award, and I'm doing the Fake News Detector badge. However, I'm really stuck on step 4 when it has you train the model vs adding training data, because it seems like no matter what ratio or combination of the two I do it tells me to do it more efficiently! I've been sitting here for about an hour and a half now just pushing these buttons in different amounts and orders.

If anyone has managed to complete this badge please let me know how many times you trained vs added data.

TIA
Hey, I've just done this and what I did it is add training data until accuracy got to about 96.5 and then trained it until it got to 98. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by PercyG16
Hey, I've just done this and what I did it is add training data until accuracy got to about 96.5 and then trained it until it got to 98. Hope this helps!

it worked, thanks!
Guys, I’m stuck on the iDEA Gold Award Badge “Chatbot” and I tried everything to correct the coding error. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Reply 4
Original post by KellyPlayz355
Guys, I’m stuck on the iDEA Gold Award Badge “Chatbot” and I tried everything to correct the coding error. Do you guys have any suggestions?

don't remember most of them but these were some of my errors:
- if statement that gives error message if confidence is below 70% was missing the '<70' part
- one class if statement was missing a colon at the end
- one class name was incorrect and did not match the description
- one class name was misspelt
- the fashion class was missing [the one at the very end]
Original post by zeasea
don't remember most of them but these were some of my errors:
- if statement that gives error message if confidence is below 70% was missing the '<70' part
- one class if statement was missing a colon at the end
- one class name was incorrect and did not match the description
- one class name was misspelt
- the fashion class was missing [the one at the very end]

Oh, I see. Thanks!
How do i select the words on the flu section where it’s timed?
Original post by NeedhelpIDEA

I clicked on the flu words and they were highlighted green.
if confidence < 70: this is the answer for the first one

Oh, I see. Thanks!

what about the fashion one
Reply 10
Original post by Godzilla122
what about the fashion one

you just need to write it out in the same format as the others. use the prototype to get the text it outputs when you ask it about fashion.
I clicked on the flu words and they were highlighted green.

for me it keeps on not highlighting them .was there anything else you did?

it worked thxs so much
Hey, I've just done this and what I did it is add training data until accuracy got to about 96.5 and then trained it until it got to 98. Hope this helps

Original post by zeasea
it worked, thanks!

he is right it works thanks again giving a thumbs up

What do you mean? i'm on the same question and struggling for the last day (i didn't sleep) send screenshot if you can

thanks, it's effective
Reply 16
Original post by zeasea
it worked, thanks!

me too
Reply 17

thanks so much it works
Original post by NeedhelpIDEA

Click on them

It kept saying inefficient amount of training data added, but I finally got it working!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending