The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston Award Testimonies

The Kingston Award plays a pivotal role in celebrating and showcasing students’ commitment to personal and professional growth by helping students identify, build and reflect on the skills they’re developing during their time at Kingston University, so that they can confidently and competently articulate these throughout their employability journey.

Centred around six graduate attributes (Professional, Proactive, Creative, Thoughtful, Resilient, Globally Aware), students reflect on different Future Skills and competencies to build up a personal skills portfolio.

Students receive a Bronze, Silver and Gold certificate, and their Kingston Award is included on their Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).

Here are some student testimonies for why you should get involved:

"The Kingston Award is acknowledged for its capability in providing a plethora of skills, knowledge and accomplishments to its students. In undertaking this, I now have an abundance of experience, friendships, priceless memories and more accolades than ever before. I highly recommend undertaking the Kingston Award as it will be rewarding."

"Embarking on the Kingston Award has proven to be an immensely gratifying odyssey, where I've not only refined a diverse skill set but also uncovered the strength in resilience and the satisfaction of perpetual personal advancement. To those contemplating this enriching experience, I would urge you to embrace the challenges, seize each opportunity, and empower the Kingston Award to serve as the driving force behind significant personal growth and achievement. It transcends mere accolades; it is a transformative journey that sculpts not just your skillset but also your character and perspective on life."

‘‘My time at university was transformed from 'ordinary' to 'extraordinary' thanks to the Kingston Award. It made my university experience more fulfilling and allowed me to make the most of the diverse resources and opportunities available. Additionally, it boosted my employability by providing me with tangible evidence of my skills and attributes.”

“Everyone who graduates from university has a degree, but not everyone partakes in extracurricular activities and gains those enriching skills. To me, the Kingston Award was further reason to do so. Whilst taking part I always had the ‘this would be fitting for the Kingston Award’ mentality in the back of my mind. This pushed me to do things I wouldn’t usually do, like Pilates! I ended up loving it and you can catch me doing my little poses with weights every week now! I gained experience, and I would say to get stuck in whenever suits you. First year.. second… third… doesn’t matter! It is open to everyone and at its core encourages students to be their best and learn about their own selves at any point in their academic career. Strangely enough, the Kingston Award really helped me with my vocabulary. I have always found the divide between my colloquial and formal self very hard to define. The reflections I had to write to achieve the award encouraged me to write professionally, using key phrases and presenting myself to the best of my ability which is something I have always found very challenging.”

“I cherished the Kingston Award for the transformative experiences and invaluable connections it brought into my university journey. I took part in the Kingston Award because I believed it would support me with my career development and in the future for employment. I gained skills and an achievement that I can include in my CV. I would say to other students - take part if they want to make the most of their university life. Taking part has enhanced my knowledge on many different areas in life and has given me an opportunity to realise my strengths and weaknesses during my time in university.”

"I participated in the Kingston Award to challenge myself and develop valuable skills. This Award acts as a refresher course, enabling me to use it as a tool for reflection, summarising a year's worth of events and showcasing new abilities. For example, working on group assignments helped me develop my collaboration abilities, which will come in handy during interviews.
The Kingston Award is a constant motivator, fostering self-appreciation and resilience. My advice to prospective students is to embrace the Kingston Award for personal and professional growth. It enhanced my university experience by providing a structured approach to skill development, significantly boosting my employability."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending