The Student Room Group
Nope.
They are not prohibited within ancient leadership teachings nor even mentioned directly in islamic scripture.
Same as the telephone, football or television.

Your friend is probably referring to her opinions as regards the intention of the wearer in having fun or trying to improve their own appearance.
These are her own beliefs that she is sharing with you, likely as a fierce religious traditionalist with a modesty agenda that goes far beyond what people of both biological sexes are wearing.

Some of the more traditionalist christians say exactly the same things; about women wearing any makeup or red coloured clothes and shoes along with anybody playing computer games & spending money on non-essentials.
My own ultra-traditionalist fanatic of a grandmother insists that electricity, the telephone, vaccines, painkillers, secular sweets and marriage after the death of a spouse are prohibited in religion too. :laugh:
In addition to a few dozen other things that she dislikes. :rofl:
Has done so for more than 60 years.
They’re not haram afaik. It’s just that your wudu is not ‘complete’
you can't have it on during wudu which is basically pre washing yourself before praying which includes the hands
Yea they’re haram for 2 reasons 1. It’s beautifying urself to non mahram and ur husband which is haram and 2. Bc they invalidate you wudu. Also the prophet (PBUH) cursed any women who adds on hair extensions wether that’s lashes or hair in the head.

Ofc we aren’t all perfect and we all sun but I just wanted to advise you so you don’t get misguided and being a Muslim myself it felt wrong to leave this I replied to. Ofc u can wear nails when ur on ur period infront of other women and mahram only. May Allah guide us all x
I meant to mention that u are allowed nails in front on ur husband and mahram only when ur on ur period*
Reply 6
Original post by fareeda234
Yea they’re haram for 2 reasons 1. It’s beautifying urself to non mahram and ur husband which is haram and 2. Bc they invalidate you wudu. Also the prophet (PBUH) cursed any women who adds on hair extensions wether that’s lashes or hair in the head.

Ofc we aren’t all perfect and we all sun but I just wanted to advise you so you don’t get misguided and being a Muslim myself it felt wrong to leave this I replied to. Ofc u can wear nails when ur on ur period infront of other women and mahram only. May Allah guide us all x

As a follow up question, would this apply to fake beards, if the wearer is unable to grow one but wants to follow the Prophet's encouragement to wear a beard?
Original post by WADR
As a follow up question, would this apply to fake beards, if the wearer is unable to grow one but wants to follow the Prophet's encouragement to wear a beard?

Yes it applies to fake beards because a man is deceiving women and other people, a beard is sunnah (meaning of sunnah is that the prophet pbuh did it) if someone is not able to grow a beard then then should leave it, it is not a primary pillar in islam to have a beard.
No, why would that be?? I'm sure God loves seeing you look snatched.
Reply 9
Original post by fareeda234
Yes it applies to fake beards because a man is deceiving women and other people, a beard is sunnah (meaning of sunnah is that the prophet pbuh did it) if someone is not able to grow a beard then then should leave it, it is not a primary pillar in islam to have a beard.

But what if the intention is not to deceive anyone, but only to please Allah by emulating the Prophet? Surely it is as good as things like the reverts we see wearing Arab clothing.
Original post by Son of the Sea
No, why would that be?? I'm sure God loves seeing you look snatched.

Apparently it means you're a ***** of Babylon and you are trying to tempt men into having premarital sex or something.
Reply 11
Original post by ROTL94 3
Apparently it means you're a ***** of Babylon and you are trying to tempt men into having premarital sex or something.

It is permissible to adorn yourself for men as long as they are your husband or owner.
Original post by WADR
But what if the intention is not to deceive anyone, but only to please Allah by emulating the Prophet? Surely it is as good as things like the reverts we see wearing Arab clothing.

Well, in islam we have 5 schools, everyone muslim follows one school, the opinion of the beard being obligatory varies between imam/school. some believe it is obligatory and others think it is not, however to my knowledge wearing a fake beard is haram and will not please anyone. I know that beard transplants are permissible if u lost ur hair due to medical reasons or defects, but it’s not permissible for purely cosmetic reasons, but I am not sure if u are allowed a beard transplant due to the fact u cannot grow one, because that falls under genetic reasons. If you want to know more abt this I advise u ask a imam because I’m not 100% sure and I don’t want to give u the wrong answer :smile:
Original post by ROTL94 3

I think we’ve established that pretty much everything in Islam is a sin so in my opinion I say just do whatever you want and if that means looking like a sexy whøre then go for it!
Original post by ParadoxicalNerd
this is not a troll post, I genuinely want to know because my friend thinks its a sin and I'm trying to convince her its not

they are not haram but you have to take them off to do wudu
Original post by londonmyst
Nope.
They are not prohibited within ancient leadership teachings nor even mentioned directly in islamic scripture.
Same as the telephone, football or television.

Your friend is probably referring to her opinions as regards the intention of the wearer in having fun or trying to improve their own appearance.
These are her own beliefs that she is sharing with you, likely as a fierce religious traditionalist with a modesty agenda that goes far beyond what people of both biological sexes are wearing.

Some of the more traditionalist christians say exactly the same things; about women wearing any makeup or red coloured clothes and shoes along with anybody playing computer games & spending money on non-essentials.
My own ultra-traditionalist fanatic of a grandmother insists that electricity, the telephone, vaccines, painkillers, secular sweets and marriage after the death of a spouse are prohibited in religion too. :laugh:
In addition to a few dozen other things that she dislikes. :rofl:
Has done so for more than 60 years.

Al-Bukhari (5205) and Muslim (2123) narrated from ‘Aishah that a girl from among the Ansar got married and she became sick and her hair fell out. They wanted to give her hair extensions, so they asked the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) about that, and he cursed the one who fixes hair extensions and the one who has that done.

Imam Al-Nawawi said:

“The one who fixes hair extensions is the one who joins the other hair to the woman’s hair. The one who has that done is the woman who asks someone else to do that for her. These ahadith clearly state that it is haram to fix hair extensions, and the one who fixes hair extensions and the one who has that done are both cursed in general terms. This is the more correct meaning.”

False eyelashes come under the same heading, because the real eyelashes are extended with the false ones.

Latest

Trending

Trending