The Student Room Group

A-level Psychology Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yuri.xhan
OMG you guys still haven't started paper 3????!!!, we only have biopsychology left for paper 2. Also for paper 3, do you choose your own topics or does the teacher choose them for the whole class? congrats on the A btw!, What ur doing is working and i need some tips, good luck for future mocks/ final test :biggrin:

Not the OP but thought I'd reply anyway. My teacher chose our paper 3 topics - I'm doing relationships, stress and forensics. I only have the last 2 thirds or so of forensics and the last 3 quarters or so of approaches left. And then possibly like 1 part of RM left or something (we do it dotted through the course rather then as one) :smile:
OMG you guys still haven't started paper 3????!!!, we only have biopsychology left for paper 2. Also for paper 3, do you choose your own topics or does the teacher choose them for the whole class? congrats on the A btw!, What ur doing is working and i need some tips, good luck for future mocks/ final test :biggrin:

no no we've done issues and debates, schizophrenia and forensic we just still have relationships left haha (also our school picks the options)

my general way of revising is I watch a video on a particular section (like just depression in psychopathology), then make a quizlet of that information and do the quizlet. then later on answer questions on it. little and often is the key thing I think, and its working so far!!

good luck to you too!! :biggrin:
When are your mocks fellow yr 13s?

i just finished mine wbu
Original post by samixbokuto
i just finished mine wbu

that's good, i just want to get mine done and over with.
mon 13th, 2 more days left :frown:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by izzy4509x
no no we've done issues and debates, schizophrenia and forensic we just still have relationships left haha (also our school picks the options)

my general way of revising is I watch a video on a particular section (like just depression in psychopathology), then make a quizlet of that information and do the quizlet. then later on answer questions on it. little and often is the key thing I think, and its working so far!!

good luck to you too!! :biggrin:

cool! i'll definitely try that for my revision too :smile:
thank you :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey.
For the A03 for Milgram's study, there is a point about lacking ecological validity. However, I'm using a worksheet from tutor2u (using the burger method) and it says that an example of this is how one of Milgram's research assistants divided participants into 'doubters' and 'believers' and found that the believers were more likely to disobey the experirmenter and give a low intensity shock. Can someone please explain this? I don't get how this means that there is low ecological validity? I thought it would mean that there are high demand characteristics?
what revision guide

Sorry I took ages to reply it’s the AQA psychology revision guide the illuminate publishing one if AQA is ur exam board
that's good, i just want to get mine done and over with.
mon 13th, 2 more days left :frown:

How did it go
I
Sounds gd if u still want too
unfortunately i got all d´s too. i must say quizlet is very good. perhaps we can study together
I struggle with learning the evaluation (A03) points
Original post by selenagomezfan46

for me, i’ve found that learning two key studies for each essay plan to be good. that way your evaluation can purely be issues and debates with some evaluation of those studies (like internal/external validity)

Someone said this but don’t learn all the evaluation points if u struggle with it learn like 3 and use grave as extra points and issues and debates
Generalisability
Replicability
Application
Validity
Ethics
Hey.
For the A03 for Milgram's study, there is a point about lacking ecological validity. However, I'm using a worksheet from tutor2u (using the burger method) and it says that an example of this is how one of Milgram's research assistants divided participants into 'doubters' and 'believers' and found that the believers were more likely to disobey the experirmenter and give a low intensity shock. Can someone please explain this? I don't get how this means that there is low ecological validity? I thought it would mean that there are high demand characteristics?

in the base study, there is lack of ecological validity due to it being in the lab thus unnatural behaviour, not cus of whatever tutor2u wrote..
Original post by darceyspiderman
I
Sounds gd if u still want too

sure
Original post by darceyspiderman
How did it go

Great!!! i got a B :biggrin:
sorry for the late reply i don't have a notification set on this.
(edited 1 year ago)
is anyone going to the tutor2u grade booster event? is it worth it?
I’m in year 13 and doing AQA. I’m struggling with remembering all the information.
is anyone going to the tutor2u grade booster event? is it worth it?

they are during school days so I'm not going, would be good if they were on the weekend instead
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by psychstudent2625
in the base study, there is lack of ecological validity due to it being in the lab thus unnatural behaviour, not cus of whatever tutor2u wrote..

adding on from this, milgram also has low ecological validity as the task itself is not one we do everyday, particularly in regards to obedience. more realistic obedience tasks include obeying parents/teachers/school rules etc. not causing potentially deadly pain to someone. therefore the task lacks realism and is low in ecological validity
hi everyone, i’m currently on an A* for psych. if anyone wants advice or help with any topics, please let me know! :smile:

for reference, my paper 3 options are relationships, forensics (which i haven’t yet finished at school), and eating behaviours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending