The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't know about Oxbridge grads but drug dealers tend to have flashy cars and lots of money.
They're losing their jobs at investment banks, selling their flash cars and lamenting the extravagant lifetsyles they used to enjoy.
Reply 3
I dunno where they are. Probably sunning themselves in Ibiza.
Reply 4
Might do better in the Oxbridge forum, maybe? Though most people here aren't grads. Technically I am, but unless a 10 year old Ford Ka and typing in a hospital library far too late at night count as flashy, I think I may disappoint. :p:
Reply 5
Anabolicator
Where are they ?

I wanna hear about their flash cars and lifestyles

Hahaha. Hahah.

Hahaha.

Hah.
Reply 6
What you're doing (are you still in Westminster?) is pretty flash, in its own way though coldfish
Reply 7
Many oxbridge people don't go on to earn that much as you might think. I know a few people who go into jobs earning 30k+ straight off but most of them are outliers. I'm earning less than 15k and will be for a number of years and I imagine that a lot of others are as well.
A substantial number of grads go into further education (3+ years of not getting paid much in order to spend the rest of your life not earning much for many of us), politics (salaries in westminster aren't brilliant), teach first (20k a year), the public sector (civil service salaries at the lowest levels aren't spectacular). If you want to make lots of money straight out of oxbridge you can (or perhaps not so easily now) but many people choose to obtain life satisfaction in other ways.

These career paths aren't exactly impoverished; from my group of friends most will be earning 50-100k by their mid 40s which is pretty decent but I doubt many will have flash cars and lifestyles.
There's more to life than money. :p:
Reply 9
Anabolicator
Where are they ?

I wanna hear about their flash cars and lifestyles

Nathaniel Rothschild
Rupert Murdoch
Jacob Rothschild
Michael Moritz
Waldorf Astor
Rowan Atkinson
Reply 10
Rowan Atkinson did his undergraduate degree at Newcastle, he only came to Oxford for an MSc :shifty:
Reply 11
gruffyddd
Rowan Atkinson did his undergraduate degree at Newcastle, he only came to Oxford for an MSc :shifty:

So he still graduated from Oxford? Thus making him an Oxbridge grad?
Reply 12
he's a comedian/actor, doesn't count, he could have been one without oxford
I graduated from Oxford. Following a successful military coup I orchestrated I now control Bermuda - after which I was elected lifelong emperor of my fellow Bermudans. I re-equipped my entire police force with TVR Tuscan's for looks - I drive a bullet-proof-gold-plated Bentley, which I drive around waving to my admiring fans as they throw roses at me.

Having got my science team to work around the clock on nothing but expresso's they discovered how to allow me to fly and shoot fireballs, and I have since defended my islands against alien invasion with my superpowers - saving the world on several occasions. Using executive powers I made a law that any man may take over my island, but he must first wrestle a three headed dragon - however no one has yet found a three headed dragon, let alone wrestled one.

An entire flotilla of passing ninja's have offered me their services, and I use them to plot world domination. I dine with the Queen of England (Canada, Australia, and a host of other places) on Tuesdays, the US president on Thursdays, and James Bond on Sundays. I am currently building a projector so powerful, and a wall so big, that this single projector screen will allow all my citizens to watch TV.
Reply 14
Anabolicator
he's a comedian/actor, doesn't count, he could have been one without oxford

You could say that about anyone though. Also whilst many actors obviously don't go to oxbridge there are plenty of them who do. Footlights is particularly well known for actors/comedians etc (ie Hugh Laurie)

Latest

Trending

Trending