The Student Room Group

Revision for A-levels?

Hi everyone, I am trying to do my revision for my end of year exams in year 12 ahead but usually my method is flashcards like on Quizlet and it works great for gcse etc however due to the huge workload at my school I never have much time to do it and I’m starting to get worried as for my end of year exams I won’t have much flashcards to use then. What’s the best methods as I quite like to use blurting and writing and repetition from speaking however I then usually do this from my flashcards. I’m aiming for A*s so any advice on revision methods will be great as I’m trying to do whatever I can in my leftover free time however it’s really hard as I do history, politics and sociology and I’ve only got proper set of flashcards for history South Africa and sociology families and household. My grades are good from exams etc but that’s only as I revise that specific content and that’s it so I’m generally worried for the whole examination in year 12 end of year.
It sounds to me like you’re experiencing flashcard overload. I say, contrary to the responses you may get, stick to your method of testing yourself through flashcards and active recall. To get about flashcard overload, look through the topics that you’re not 100% confident on, and go through the cards you made from that topic.

An alternative could be to spend your time doing past papers, marking them and then identifying any weak topics that you have. Focus your time on that, then repeat with another paper.
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
It sounds to me like you’re experiencing flashcard overload. I say, contrary to the responses you may get, stick to your method of testing yourself through flashcards and active recall. To get about flashcard overload, look through the topics that you’re not 100% confident on, and go through the cards you made from that topic.

An alternative could be to spend your time doing past papers, marking them and then identifying any weak topics that you have. Focus your time on that, then repeat with another paper.

thank you! Do u have any advice in getting the flashcards done as that’s my main problem as they take a while for me to do and I never have a lot of free time. My plans to continue and do more in half term but my school sets seperate holiday homework which is quite a lot too so seems like I won’t actually have a lot of the time I anticipated for flashcards. I was also considering the past papers but I get set homework an essay for history once every 2 weeks or so and for my other subjects we do essays in lesson so that gives me a lot of practice currently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending