The Student Room Group

deleted

deleted
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Reply 1
I think you need to get over what happened in the past and focus on what will be happening in two months. What are you hoping to do with your A Levels? What will be the consequences of letting things slip and not getting the results you need? There are ways and techniques to organise the time you have to make sure that you give it your best shot, if you think they will help you right now.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
deleted
(edited 2 weeks ago)
Reply 3
Fair enough, I can understand that. And it sounds like you are on track to get onto a decent course.
So in terms of moving forward, I recommend that you undertake an audit of what time you have left for revision. You could get one of those giant laminated wall charts and plot out your exam deadlines, also block out your available revision slots. Then go to each A Level and draw up a list of the revision tasks that ideally you will undertake. You could do a spreadsheet recording all of this. The aim is to make sure that enough revision slots are allocated to each A level subject overall, and then within each subject that enough subjects are revised. I think you should start working on this straight away, this is realy an admin task, but an important one - once you have your masterplan , you can pick and choose what to work on as independent mini tasks, which might make it less onerous. Good Luck!
Reply 4
Original post by arandolmsdudj
I wasn't allowed to sit all the A Levels I wanted due to my GCSE grades.

Now A Levels are in just over 2 months and I have next to zero motivation because of this.

Honestly I’m in a similar situation I had to change some A level choices due to GCSEs. The only thing I can say is thing about how disappointing GCSE results day was knowing you couldn’t do what you wanted, the same thing will happen in August if you don’t knuckle down and start revising now. We’re in the final stages of getting into uni, use half term to take a small break and refocus yourself on your goals. Best of luck for exams!
Original post by arandolmsdudj
I wasn't allowed to sit all the A Levels I wanted due to my GCSE grades.

Now A Levels are in just over 2 months and I have next to zero motivation because of this.

Hi @arandolmsdudj

Although your GCSEs are important, they are a stepping stone to move you onto your next steps. No one has asked me about mine, or commented on my results since I was finishing my A Levels, so try not to worry.

It sucks that you couldn't choose your preferences for your A Levels, but the above comments are all right in saying that you can put that behind you and focus on what you are studying to help you progress to wherever you would like to go next.

If you're losing motivation, try and plan out what you'd like to do over say the next sixth months to a year. If you're planning on going to uni, do you need specific grades? What are your plans for the summer? I found that my biggest motivation came from thinking about what I would be doing once I'd completed my A Levels, so I knew what I was working towards.

Remember to take it easy and rest alongside your revision over the half term. And best of luck in your exams!

Emily 🙂
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest