The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme

Scroll to see replies

found it tricky too.I was still thinking of what to say when the timer was going down :s-smilie: and then I didn't have much time to answer
Original post by suby123
found it tricky too.I was still thinking of what to say when the timer was going down :s-smilie: and then I didn't have much time to answer

Same! My answer to the third question was content free and complete babble! How long do you think we have to wait to find out if we have got through to the next stage ?
Original post by MarmiteMike
Same! My answer to the third question was content free and complete babble! How long do you think we have to wait to find out if we have got through to the next stage ?

I believe it was 1 month last year
If you scored very very highly on the Civil Service Judgement & Verbal Tests (90% and 70%) do you think you're probably going to get an interview even if your video interview was not great?
Original post by suby123
I believe it was 1 month last year

Far too long, ahhhhhhhhhhh
It's far too long to wait ! It's only been closed since Wednesday and I can't think of anything else! I didn't score highly in the test, I was hoping that the test, CV and interview would be seen as composite rather than separate stages as my interview was rubbish !!
It's far too long to wait ! It's only been closed since Wednesday and I can't think of anything else! I didn't score highly in the test, I was hoping that the test, CV and interview would be seen as composite rather than separate stages as my interview was rubbish !!

Hold on to hope as my tests were average, video interview was rubbish, and still moved to final stage last year.
Original post by Corey Payne
Hold on to hope as my tests were average, video interview was rubbish, and still moved to final stage last year.

Brilliant thank you... so a glimmer of hope maybe ! Did you get appointed ?
Original post by bagpuss123
If you scored very very highly on the Civil Service Judgement & Verbal Tests (90% and 70%) do you think you're probably going to get an interview even if your video interview was not great?

I am pretty sure that the CSJT and CSVT were just pre-requisites required to be passed in order to get to the Video Interview stage. Therefore, the VI will be judged purely on that submission alone.

I don’t think any of the stages will be considered as a collective. For example if you got through to final interview, the panel will not look back at your test scores, VI submission to decide whether to offer you a pupillage/TC position; they will simply base this decision against a set criteria and how you performed at final interview/assessment according to that criteria.

The CV will only be used by the panel should you get through to final interview.

I got through to final interview last year for pupillage. Met the standard but wasn’t offered a position as there were not enough places and others had scored higher than me.

That said, looking back at the process for me my test scores were not great, VI was adequate and final interview gave me hope. I was still close to being offered if there were more positions. I was good enough as I met their standard! Don’t give up hope!!
Original post by Leagaleagle123
I am pretty sure that the CSJT and CSVT were just pre-requisites required to be passed in order to get to the Video Interview stage. Therefore, the VI will be judged purely on that submission alone.

I don’t think any of the stages will be considered as a collective. For example if you got through to final interview, the panel will not look back at your test scores, VI submission to decide whether to offer you a pupillage/TC position; they will simply base this decision against a set criteria and how you performed at final interview/assessment according to that criteria.

The CV will only be used by the panel should you get through to final interview.

I got through to final interview last year for pupillage. Met the standard but wasn’t offered a position as there were not enough places and others had scored higher than me.

That said, looking back at the process for me my test scores were not great, VI was adequate and final interview gave me hope. I was still close to being offered if there were more positions. I was good enough as I met their standard! Don’t give up hope!!

Thank you - such a shame that you were not allocated a position.
Brilliant thank you... so a glimmer of hope maybe ! Did you get appointed ?

Unfortunately not! In the same position again this year! Hopefully I squeeze an interview!
Original post by Corey Payne
Unfortunately not! In the same position again this year! Hopefully I squeeze an interview!

Good luck 🤞
I was lucky enough to get an offer last year but just wanted to wish you all the best for your 2024 applications. I see a few familiar usernames. Good luck to all!
Original post by Pupillagewarrior
I was lucky enough to get an offer last year but just wanted to wish you all the best for your 2024 applications. I see a few familiar usernames. Good luck to all!

Thank you 😊
Has anyone heard anything back yet about the Video Interviews? Trying to stop myself from refreshing the Civil Service portal constantly!
I believe the results come out between the 6-8th march. (I applied last year and it was around then)
Original post by bagpuss123

How do you know what your scores were? I can’t seem to see them anywhere, not in the emails or in the application centre window
Original post by C923law
How do you know what your scores were? I can’t seem to see them anywhere, not in the emails or in the application centre window

There is an option to select “feedback” within the Civil Service portal. You’ll find the scores there!
Original post by Leagaleagle123
There is an option to select “feedback” within the Civil Service portal. You’ll find the scores there!

Ah brill thank you!
interviews are out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending