The Student Room Group

CPS Legal Trainee Scheme

Scroll to see replies

(Original post by 00gdllpc00)Correct

Original post by CharlotteMH08
Just a quick question, I assume the CPS will not fund your SQE/ LPC. Is that right?

And they also assume you will have completed the LPC/SQE prior to beginning training
Original post by C923law
How soon do cps generally email you about interview slots after you’re told you’ve been selected to interview?

i

I have not received an email either to book my
Interview slot. Have also emailed so awaiting response or further instructions
Original post by jettybean
Hey, I can't book a slot either yet - I have emailed about it so will update when I receive a reply. I am curious how you know your location yet? Is it just from your preferred location? I don't have anything on my interview emails about the location :smile:

Hi I also emailed them so I assume they'll be getting a lot of those emails 😂. My preferred location is purely just from my preferences, I actually have no idea if they offer interviews based on location or offer interviews, accept people and then put people in their locations.
Original post by Kimmy770
I have not received an email either to book my
Interview slot. Have also emailed so awaiting response or further instructions

Original post by jettybean
Hey, I can't book a slot either yet - I have emailed about it so will update when I receive a reply. I am curious how you know your location yet? Is it just from your preferred location? I don't have anything on my interview emails about the location :smile:

I just went on now and they were open again and there were lots of slots available so I think maybe it was a glitch or the slots were for like this week.
Original post by Chloejas
Hi I also emailed them so I assume they'll be getting a lot of those emails 😂. My preferred location is purely just from my preferences, I actually have no idea if they offer interviews based on location or offer interviews, accept people and then put people in their locations.

Ah i see okay! The spots are open now btw!
Original post by Chloejas
Hi I also emailed them so I assume they'll be getting a lot of those emails 😂. My preferred location is purely just from my preferences, I

actually have no idea if they offer interviews based on location or offer interviews, accept people and then put people in their locations.

Interview slots are available now :smile:
Reply 86
When do the last slots run to?
I only saw 16th March earlier
(edited 1 year ago)
Received an email re slots now too. I have options up to April 3rd. Might be different for different location preferences?
If you haven’t heard back from the cps, would it be advisable to email them ?
Original post by Teekkkay
If you haven’t heard back from the cps, would it be advisable to email them ?

last year i didn't receive my invite until the 8th march and only received mine today for this year. give them another day or so then drop the recruitment team an email.
Heyy 😭😭 can you get rejected tomorrow as well
Original post by susanG86
last year i didn't receive my invite until the 8th march and only received mine today for this year. give them another day or so then drop the recruitment team an email.

Can you get rejected tomo as well 😭😭😭
Hi guys it's me again, does anyone know the stats for how many people apply vs how many people get to assessment/interview? I know it'll be a fair few as they have 80(?) places all over the country but I'm just interested to see what I'll be working against.
They raised the pass mark btw. I met the official advertised standard but missed out as they raised it. Congratulations to everyone thats got an interview
Original post by 00gdllpc00
They raised the pass mark btw. I met the official advertised standard but missed out as they raised it. Congratulations to everyone thats got an interview

What‘s the pass mark and the pass mark of what exactly?
Original post by juju1101
What‘s the pass mark and the pass mark of what exactly?

The pass mark to get through to final interview. They didn’t say what it was, but they said they had to raise it due to way more people applying than advertised spaces
Original post by creeky95
They will fund it for you if you are already working for the CPS. The LPC that I am currently doing is fully funded with the CPS.

That’s incorrect. To have the LPC/bar funded by the CPS, you need to be on the prosecutor pathway.
The pass mark to get through to final interview. They didn’t say what it was, but they said they had to raise it due to way more people applying than advertised spaces

Was this for the tests or for the video interview stage?
Original post by Watson97
Was this for the tests or for the video interview stage?

they raised the pass mark for the video interview. So you need to get higher than what was originally planned by them to get a final interview
they raised the pass mark for the video interview. So you need to get higher than what was originally planned by them to get a final interview

That has to be incredibly frustrating that they moved the goalpost again, I know they raised the pass mark for the tests as well.
It must be so crazy competitive this recruitment. Hopefully, the amount of interest and caliber of candidates will prompt the CPS to have more trainee recruitment X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending