The Student Room Group

what are good shows to watch?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by j3ssica jon3s
you should watch the anime erased. ive only watched one anime and this was was pretty great

Original post by emmyisthebest01
Just finished watching Attack on titans, and gosh! i think I have found a new favourite?! I was never really into anime but people really did give it the hype it deserved.

There's a lot on my list. Have you watched Black clover? I'd really love to watch those newly released ones but they keep me hanging since its not yet complete.
I want to start a new tv show!
here are some i have already watched:
- greys anatomy
- the good doctor
- chicago med (just started)
- gossip girl
- jane the virgin
-power
- vampire diaries
- modern family
- the summer i turned pretty
-a bunch of kdramas all the classics (weightlifting fairy, boys over flowers,
penthouse, crash landing on you etc)
- miss marvel
- prison break
and some more that i can't remember for the life of me
currently watching: game of thrones ( bit late i know)
recently watched:
- never have I ever
- attack on titans ( the absolute GOAT)

Kdramas - Vincenzo, My Name

Entertaining/crime - Good Girls, Fakes

Crime - Bodyguard, Collateral, Lincoln Lawyer, You Don't Know Me,

Teen stuff - Do Revenge (film), Al Rawabi School For Girls (Arabic), One Of Us Is Lying

Drama comedies - Man Like Mobeen, Ackley Bridge, The Good Place

P.S. Do look up any trigger warnings yourself before watching any of the above recommendations as it's too long for me to mention them all here.
Just finished watching Attack on titans, and gosh! i think I have found a new favourite?! I was never really into anime but people really did give it the hype it deserved.

i'm glad u enjoyed it! have u considered reading the manga for the rest of the story or are you going to wait until the rest is animated? There are many more great shows but attack on titan rlly just raises the bar too high :smile:
thank you so much everyone for all your suggestions! :smile:
I have just started watching chicago med and game of thrones (late ik)
has anyone watched either?

I watch chicago med!! If you like it I seriously recommend chicago fire!! They have some crossovers and honestly... I kinda prefer it to med haha. I am yet to watch chicago pd but I have watched the crossover episodes and will eventually.

The resident and House are also really good medical dramas!!

Edit: Oh and if you love AOT try animes like Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Tokyo Ghoul (although the manga is better cuz the last season of the anime is a mess lmao), Death Note, Mirai Nikki/Future Diary, Fire Force, My Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen, Naruto.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 64
I think it depends what kind of show you're looking for.
If you're looking for a light-hearted or feel-good show, I'd suggest Heartstopper or Ted Lasso. I especially love Ted Lasso because it handles some quite serious topics well amongst the comedic aspects, but Heartstopper also has some incredible LGBTQ+ representation.
If you want a more intense drama show, I'd suggest Money Heist on Netflix or Yellowjackets (Money Heist is in Spanish but can be watched with English subtitles)
Or if you want a timeless comedy, you could watch Parks and Recreation or Glee (although some of the themes / jokes on Glee are a little outdated, I do think it's worth watching for the musical numbers alone!)
Hope this helps! :smile:
Just started watching Tulsa King on Amazon Prime. It's got Sylvester Stallone as a mafia boss who's been released from prison & relocated to Tulsa, Oklahoma. I've seen the first couple of episodes & it's been pretty good so far.
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
i'm glad u enjoyed it! have u considered reading the manga for the rest of the story or are you going to wait until the rest is animated? There are many more great shows but attack on titan rlly just raises the bar too high :smile:

honestly I probably will read it but i have heard that the ending is really sad!!! It is going to be animated in so long I just need to know what happens next- it got me HOOKED
honestly I probably will read it but i have heard that the ending is really sad!!! It is going to be animated in so long I just need to know what happens next- it got me HOOKED

omg i bawled my eyes out, its a different type of pain. enjoy it!
Reply 68
Original post by Cote1
The Traitors
On Catch-up

@Scotney and @Wired_1800 are you watching?
Original post by Cote1

Hello. Happy New Year!

What channel is it on? I have not been following it. Was watching clips of Mr Bates vs the Post Office.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 70
Original post by Wired_1800
Hello. Happy New Year!

What channel is it on? I have not been following it. Was watching clips of Mr Bates vs the Post Office.

BBC1 9pm
Started last night

On tonight too

Love Island All Stars starts Jan 15th
Reply 71
Just finished Bosch Legacy and so far so good
Original post by Cote1
BBC1 9pm
Started last night

On tonight too

Love Island All Stars starts Jan 15th

I watched parts of it this evening, tbh i did not understand the game. It was sad to see Sonja leave when she was a faithful.
Reply 73
Original post by Wired_1800
I watched parts of it this evening, tbh i did not understand the game. It was sad to see Sonja leave when she was a faithful.

Wired you have to start using spoiler covers as lots of us are still catching up.Luckily I have just watched this episode or I would be fuming!😂
Original post by Scotney
Wired you have to start using spoiler covers as lots of us are still catching up.Luckily I have just watched this episode or I would be fuming!😂

My bad. Glad that you are up to date.
OMGGG! THE CIRCLE! It’s so good lol. Also if you like AOT, you might like demon slayer, forgot what it’s called but there’s also a really good anime about basketball. Also MHA(my hero academia) is amazing it’s more a comfort anime but it still has fighting and death so not too much a drastic change from AOT. I hope this helps x
Reply 76
Original post by Cote1

Yep all caught up now! Bingeing was needed!
I want to start a new tv show!
here are some i have already watched:
- greys anatomy
- the good doctor
- chicago med (just started)
- gossip girl
- jane the virgin
-power
- vampire diaries
- modern family
- the summer i turned pretty
-a bunch of kdramas all the classics (weightlifting fairy, boys over flowers,
penthouse, crash landing on you etc)
- miss marvel
- prison break
and some more that i can't remember for the life of me
currently watching: game of thrones ( bit late i know)
recently watched:
- never have I ever
- attack on titans ( the absolute GOAT)

GOING to watch:
XO kitty

Alice in borderland is so good, apparently a new season is coming so I cant wait. If i could rewatch with my memory wiped I would.
I watched country comforts recently enjoyed it a lot
Reply 79
Perry Mason - After having enjoyed series one, finally go around to watching the recorded series two. So far a little dark and slow burning. I watch ir on https://www.0123movie.day/ in full HD. There are various movies in different genres that are available for free. I like that the collections of movies are structured, and I can use any filter to sort movies and tv shows. And it's easy to find an interesting movie to watch, I just need to check the reviews on the site.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest