The Student Room Group

Deleting whatsapp messages

If whatsapp says this message will be deleted for everyone with the latest version of whatsapp, does that mean the other person hasn’t updated it so they can still see the message?
Reply 1
No that just means if the other person has not updated to the version where you can delete Whatsapp messages, then they will still be able to see the message you "deleted for everyone".
Original post by La Rata
No that just means if the other person has not updated to the version where you can delete Whatsapp messages, then they will still be able to see the message you "deleted for everyone".

why does the notification only show up for certain people though?
Reply 3
Original post by Zoey101.x

I'm not sure about that, maybe it's because they or you have an older phone. Do you know what people it happens to, and if it does it happen always? It could just be a message after every update cause I think that's what happens to me.
Original post by Zoey101.x

Because some people only know people with the latest version
Moved to Tech & Computers. Please refer to the stickied thread at the top of the Advice on Everyday Issues about posting information for future reference.
Original post by Anonymous
If whatsapp says this message will be deleted for everyone with the latest version of whatsapp, does that mean the other person hasn’t updated it so they can still see the message?

Updation of Whatsapp is not associated with deleted of message.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending