The Student Room Group

How does WhatsApp work?

Was wondering if you can tell if someone is in your chat with them. Just used it when I went on a cruise so I don't really be in there allot. While sending someone message it was basically being read around time it was sent. Id there a bold notification or something? Just wondering and online meaning they just tapped on to the Whatsapp?
To see who’s in a group chat you click on the group chat’s profile icon at the top of the page, you’ll get group info then you can scroll down to see the members/phone numbers of the group chat and click on see all for more information.

If that’s not what you’re asking for then you probably need to specify what you mean.
That’s on iPhone, I am unaware if the method is different for other devices.
Reply 3
Original post by Talkative Toad
To see who’s in a group chat you click on the group chat’s profile icon at the top of the page, you’ll get group info then you can scroll down to see the members/phone numbers of the group chat and click on see all for more information.

If that’s not what you’re asking for then you probably need to specify what you mean.

I'm asking can how could someone know that quick they received a message. Do Whatsapp notify you or was the chat already opened.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm asking can how could someone know that quick they received a message. Do Whatsapp notify you or was the chat already opened.

I don’t think that you’re able to see how quickly someone has received a message, just the time you’ve sent a message and whether people have read it or not if that’s what you’re asking.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Talkative Toad
I don’t think that you’re able to see how quickly someone has received a message, just the time you’ve sent a message and whether people have read it or not if that’s what you’re asking.

I have seen two check and it was read the time it was sent but not sure if was opened that time or if Android different then iPhone.
Original post by Anonymous
I have seen two check and it was read the time it was sent but not sure if was opened that time or if Android different then iPhone.

I mean why does it matter what specific time someone has read a WhatsApp message? Assuming that this is what you’re trying to find out.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest