The Student Room Group

Is my phone hacked?

I have an iPhone. I used safari to search up a celebrity and there was summarised information at the top from the first website that showed up (ending in .in). I clicked on this website and as the website loaded a pop-up came up saying my phone was comprised. I swiped back instantly to get back on the the normal search results page but it went to another page with a different pop-up (I didn’t click anything on the website). I then removed the tab and cleared search history of those two pages. I didn’t have enough time to read if the pop-ups were one of those false “download this app to save your phone” ones and I don’t think I saw any link with the pop-ups as well. Is there a chance my phone is hacked?? I read some information that your phone can get compromised just by clicking on the websites and not just by entering information so now I’m a little worried 😟 (my phone is not jailbroken btw)
(edited 1 year ago)
No.
Original post by Thanoswashere
I have an iPhone. I used safari to search up a celebrity and there was summarised information at the top from the first website that showed up (ending in .in). I clicked on this website and as the website loaded a pop-up came up saying my phone was comprised. I swiped back instantly to get back on the the normal search results page but it went to another page with a different pop-up (I didn’t click anything on the website). I then removed the tab and cleared search history of those two pages. I didn’t have enough time to read if the pop-ups were one of those false “download this app to save your phone” ones and I don’t think I saw any link with the pop-ups as well. Is there a chance my phone is hacked?? I read some information that your phone can get compromised just by clicking on the websites and not just by entering information so now I’m a little worried 😟 (my phone is not jailbroken btw)

Thanoswashere, no need to worry about it. Some website contains spammy links which are opened automatically without our permission. This website is one of them. So, don't worry my dear

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending