The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

data science in Coventry University vs University of Essex

I am confused to choose between Coventry university and University of Essex. Both universities offer similar course and are quite good but confused which one to finalize for Masters in Data science between these two. also other major concern is about the part time jobs are there part time jobs available at Essex Uni? or is it harder to find one? It would be of great help if anyone would help me on this.
Original post by Anonymous
I am confused to choose between Coventry university and University of Essex. Both universities offer similar course and are quite good but confused which one to finalize for Masters in Data science between these two. also other major concern is about the part time jobs are there part time jobs available at Essex Uni? or is it harder to find one? It would be of great help if anyone would help me on this.

Hiya 👋

It's not that hard to find a part time job at Essex. As we're a Campus university we have loads of facilities all in one place. There are different routes into fi ding a job but if you check out the link below it should take you to our student jobs page with links to each department.

https://www.essex.ac.uk/student/careers/jobs-on-campus

You could work for one of the many food outlets on campus, you could apply for a job with our student union that run the shop, bar and nightclub and they have other jobs too. If you'd like to be a student Ambassador that's also a paid position with loads of casual job postings you can sign up for around your studies.

I chose student Ambassador in my second year and I wish I started it in my first year as it's such flexible working hours. There are certain dates such as open days or graduation weeks that offer longer shifts and they're a great opportunity to earn extra money. There are also weekly Campus tours that you can sign up for if you have a free hour or two, inbetween lectures and studies. We do a lot of outreach and recruitment with visiting schools, projects and events run all through the year; even in the summer holiday.

There are opportunities for international students to work as well, but there are some restrictions on the number of hours you're allowed to work and the ambassador team do help with this so that you get paid on time and aren't going over the time that you can legally work

I hope this helps from the perspective of someone working part time at Essex while studying 😊

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. My concern about the part time job is cleared.
I also wanted to know more about the data science course at Essex so if you can connect me with any of the alumni or current batch student that would be really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending