The Student Room Group

UCAS Application Update

Hey Guys,
I would like to know if anyone has any advice on these unis for linguistics and media and communication or if any unis on TSR can give me advice if I get into these unis with my predicted Cs.
University of Essex - Language Studies and Linguistics
Keele University - Media and Communication
University of Kent -English Language and Linguistics
York St Johns University- Media and Communication
Also if anyone ahs picked these UNIVERSITIES IN UCAS PLEASE TELL ME! :smile: so we can talk a bit about it if you go to these unis and do the courses can you give me a brief of what it's like or out of 10.
Reply 1
Kent and Essex want BBB and Keele wants BBC - none of these choices are very sensible with only CCC predicted grades.
And how are you writing one Personal Statement for 'Language/Linguistics' that also convincingly covers 'Media'?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Kent and Essex want BBB and Keele wants BBC - none of these choices are very sensible with only CCC predicted grades.
And how are you writing one Personal Statement for 'Language/Linguistics' that also convincingly covers 'Media'?

I’m getting in with contextual offers and my PS covers linguistics and communication and media so dw
Reply 3
So why did you post wanting other people's opinions / advice ?
Hi!

Really pleased you're considering us, do take a look at our course page: www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/mediaandcommunications

Have you considered an Open Day? www.keele.ac.uk/openday
Or you can view our Virtual Tour: https://virtualtour.keele.ac.uk/
Original post by mauufey
Hey Guys,
I would like to know if anyone has any advice on these unis for linguistics and media and communication or if any unis on TSR can give me advice if I get into these unis with my predicted Cs.
University of Essex - Language Studies and Linguistics
Keele University - Media and Communication
University of Kent -English Language and Linguistics
York St Johns University- Media and Communication
Also if anyone ahs picked these UNIVERSITIES IN UCAS PLEASE TELL ME! :smile: so we can talk a bit about it if you go to these unis and do the courses can you give me a brief of what it's like or out of 10.

Hi @mauufey !

At Essex we request:
A-levels :BBB - BBC or 120 112 UCAS tariff points from a minimum of 2 full A-levels
- If Portuguese is taken as the major language, A Level pass (or equivalent) in Italian, French, Spanish or Portuguese or first language level fluency in Italian, French, Romanian or Spanish is required.

If you interested in knowing more about your course and speak with academics book your spot in our open days :Open Days | University of Essex.
I hope this helps with your decision and good luck with your applications!😀

Essex Official Rep- Cat😉
Original post by EssexOfficialRep
Hi @mauufey !

At Essex we request:
A-levels :BBB - BBC or 120 112 UCAS tariff points from a minimum of 2 full A-levels
- If Portuguese is taken as the major language, A Level pass (or equivalent) in Italian, French, Spanish or Portuguese or first language level fluency in Italian, French, Romanian or Spanish is required.

If you interested in knowing more about your course and speak with academics book your spot in our open days :Open Days | University of Essex.
I hope this helps with your decision and good luck with your applications!😀

Essex Official Rep- Cat😉

In addition to the above.....

Contextual Offers:

At the University of Essex we are committed to ensuring that all students with the merit and potential to benefit from an Essex education are supported to do so. If you are eligible for a contextual offer, you will receive a conditional offer up to two A-level grades, or equivalent, below our standard conditional offer.

Factors we will take into account when making contextual offers include:

Applicants from underrepresented groups

Applicants progressing from University of Essex Schools Membership schools/colleges

Applicants who attend a compulsory admissions interview

Applicants who attend an Offer Holder Day at our Colchester or Southend campus

Full information and eligibility criteria available in our Contextual Offers Policy online​ 🎓😊✨🎈

Essex Official Rep - Morgan 😁

(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending