The Student Room Group

is this enough to get into nursing?

if my daughter is doing Health and Social (BTEC extended certificate) , sociology ( A level) , history (A level) , Geography (A level)

her GCSE in English and Maths are 5
will this be enough to get her somewhere in university? she would love to become a nurse (adult).

we plan that maybe she can apply for a university of Essex which is in our local area. as she will be doing a part time job as a care assistant. I managed to get her a job at my workplace the manager offered her to do it as a bank staff she can pick the hours / weekend that she can work.

Thank you in advance.
I’d say it should be enough depending on what grades she gets in her a levels
Reply 2
Original post by ipwerabil
if my daughter is doing Health and Social (BTEC extended certificate) , sociology ( A level) , history (A level) , Geography (A level)

will this be enough to get her somewhere in university? she would love to become a nurse (adult).

we plan that maybe she can apply for a university of Essex which is in our local area. as she will be doing a part time job as a care assistant. I managed to get her a job at my workplace the manager offered her to do it as a bank staff she can pick the hours / weekend that she can work.

Thank you in advance.

As long as she gets the A level grade, yes.
Get your daughter to start looking at university entry requirements - it took me very little time to find this: BSc Nursing (Adult) - Nursing (Adult) Degree | University of Essex
Original post by ipwerabil

Thank you in advance.

Hiya @ipwerabil !
Adult nursing at Essex is an excellent programme🤩
The entry requirements include GCSE English and Math C/4 so she already archived those requirements.
We accept any A levels and BTEC if she achieves BBB-BBC(A-levels) or DDM-DMM(BTEC) and since she is doing bought type of qualifications at the time of her application she send her grades to our admissions team and they will access it.

Is excellent that she is having work experience as is advice to have it prior to starting the degree🎓

We have open days where she can visit the university facilities including the nurse labs and she can talk to academics and speak with current students about the degree and studying at Essex.
Our next Open day is 20 March and you can book a place using this link: Open Days | University of Essex

Essex Official Rep- Cat😁
Let me know if this information helped and if you have nay questions don't hesitate in contacting me.😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending