The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier

is it worth it? If my other choices do not accept me, is it worth to go to Napier to study Business Management? I live in Glasgow and expect to drive or commute by train to get there. Should I go to a nearby college instead and study something else such as Social science --> International Relations in Strathclyde.
Original post by Jelip
is it worth it? If my other choices do not accept me, is it worth to go to Napier to study Business Management? I live in Glasgow and expect to drive or commute by train to get there. Should I go to a nearby college instead and study something else such as Social science --> International Relations in Strathclyde.

The final decision is yours as only yourself can decide whether to go to Napier university if unsuccessful with your other choices of universities. You are responsible for to get there yourself, you'll be fine as you probably won't start until 9am onwards but remember that the train fares are more expensive before 9.15am and then between 4.30 - 6.15pm . Bus travel is cheaper and it's under a hour from Buchanan Street station.
Only issue with parking if coming by car is finding somewhere to park. You'll have to look at all your travelling options.

Unfortunately I lived in the south side of Glasgow when I studied my midwifing degree back in 2016 and qualified in 2019.
I would have travelled to and from Napier university without problems for the university studying weeks but I couldn't travel to and from when I was doing my placements weeks because of the early start in hospital wards ( as one maternity unit was another 30 minutes away after getting of either the train or bus. But you depending on no hiccups with the transport. I wouldn't drive to placements and back home as would be too tiring so I decided to flat share in Edinburgh to save the extra time.
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Quick Reply

Latest