The Student Room Group

Medicine Community Feedback and Suggestions

Scroll to see replies

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7287904

I've unstuck this thread as we've put an announcement in place directing people to this thread instead.
Hey everyone!

As we're coming to the end of this application cycle I thought this would be a good time to hear from you guys about what you would like to see from us next year. So any suggestions would be great. If you feel uncomfortable posting it here, feel free to PM me.

Many thanks,

R:hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by _Rusty_
Hey everyone!

As we're coming to the end of this application cycle I thought this would be a good time to hear from you guys about what you would like to see from us next year. So any suggestions would be great. If you feel uncomfortable posting it here, feel free to PM me.

Many thanks,

Spoiler

I’m incredibly inexperienced at this so would appreciate your immense amount experience to improve and rectify anything that went wrong this year.

Anything is better than nothing:smile:
Hi Rusty
Thank you for including me in this group - not sure I have that much relevant experience but here are my thoughts...
Firstly, I do not think there is a lot that needs o be improved. All the threads that I follow are relevant and a great place for applicants to share info.
Being a mum, there could possibly be a parent to med application thread where we could share out thoughts without clogging up other threads too much and just have general discourse re the process? Obvs, open to all but I do try not to comment too much on posts unless I have something relevant to add rather than general comments.
On the specific me school threads, the same questions get asked over and over again and clearly some people do not read back or are new to the site and not sure how it works. I did think it might be a good idea to have 1 person who reads through all of this years and last years threads to pull out the salient points that could be post 1 for a specific uni. For example... Leicester is the one I know most about so gather info such as
UCAT scores for last 2 years, Interview scores from last 2 years, dates offers sent last 2 years, date rejections sent last 2 years, was there a wait list, did anyone get in off the wait list, anything else that comes up frequently.Those kind of things. I am sure there are regular contributors to each med school thread - you only need 1 from each thread to correlate that info and I am sure it would be easy to find a volunteer or 2 for each one.
Those are just my initial thoughts butI'll come back if I think of anything else.
Original post by the mumivator
Hi Rusty
Thank you for including me in this group - not sure I have that much relevant experience but here are my thoughts...
Firstly, I do not think there is a lot that needs o be improved. All the threads that I follow are relevant and a great place for applicants to share info.
Being a mum, there could possibly be a parent to med application thread where we could share out thoughts without clogging up other threads too much and just have general discourse re the process? Obvs, open to all but I do try not to comment too much on posts unless I have something relevant to add rather than general comments.
On the specific me school threads, the same questions get asked over and over again and clearly some people do not read back or are new to the site and not sure how it works. I did think it might be a good idea to have 1 person who reads through all of this years and last years threads to pull out the salient points that could be post 1 for a specific uni. For example... Leicester is the one I know most about so gather info such as
UCAT scores for last 2 years, Interview scores from last 2 years, dates offers sent last 2 years, date rejections sent last 2 years, was there a wait list, did anyone get in off the wait list, anything else that comes up frequently.Those kind of things. I am sure there are regular contributors to each med school thread - you only need 1 from each thread to correlate that info and I am sure it would be easy to find a volunteer or 2 for each one.
Those are just my initial thoughts butI'll come back if I think of anything else.

Hi Mumivator,

So sorry for the late reply, been incredibly unwell for 10 days with this flu that's going around and now starting to pick up the computer again!

You were included in the to list because of the number of posts you contribute to the medicine forum so you definitely have the perfect experience:smile:

Firstly, it's great to hear how positive you find the medicine forum :woo:

We did create a parents thread for the Cambridge applicants thread so it is definitely something we'll discuss as there was an improvement in that thread.

In regard to your second point, it's a very good idea! The only issue is the workload and I am not very comfortable putting that workload on other people even if it is for only one thread they are very active in. It could be an option to create a thread where we ask people to post answers to commonly FAQ and then one of us can collate them and put them into the OPs of the relevent threads. What do you think?

Thank you for your ideas, it honeslty helps so much!

Many thanks,

Stickies update:
Four threads for the 2023 cycle have been unstuck from the main Medicine forum. Threads are still very active and at their current posting rate will remain on page 1 whether they are sticky or not.

This is to balance with a number of 2024 cycle threads that have now been created and stuck.
@GANFYD, I've figured out why there seems to be a number of those business graduate threads popping up.
The "ask a question" widget at the top of the screen is sending them here.
And this is how the majority of people start threads on the site nowadays.

E.g.

However, if you take the year away:

I think due to the number of medicine threads that have 2024 in the title, it's skewing the results a wee bit :s-smilie:
Unstuck the following:
- UCAT 2024
- BMAT 2024
- Interviews 2024
Reply 68
Original post by 04MR17
Aloha folks,

I am setting this thread up for several purposes:
1) To centralise community requests or suggestions for the volunteer team
2) As a space to ask the Medicine community for feedback on ideas
3) To communicate around content, stickies and key dates for the medicine community
4) To raise issues specific to the medicine forums

Anyone who posts in the medicine forum is welcome to join in and contribute.

All we ask is that posts stay within site rules, this includes being polite and respectful to everybody - including those who work at TSR.

Nobody in this discourse wants to do harm to the medicine forum or the users posting within it, please remember that when contributing. :smile:

Quoting in top posters in the medicine forum for the last 12 months, and all FHs for the med forums.

Spoiler

nice one bro

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending