The Student Room Group

There should be separate classes for faster learners

I wish classes were separated according to learning speed. I'm caught up and ahead of my entire class but my classmates still insist on my teacher slowing down. It's not beneficial to me as we still have so much content to cover! We're even lagging behind the other class.. and I can't switch as it interferes with my entire timetable. It just frustrates me to no end!! I love this subject and want to delve in deeper but classes are boring now as my teacher just goes over the stuff we've learnt already...
sorry just wanted to vent ahaha
Moved to educational debate for now. Doesn't this already happen in the form of sets?
Reply 2
It's not always practical. It can happen to a dgeree,a dn this is largely what setting aims at. But in a state school especially, the time and resources just aren't there to facilitate it to any advanced degree.

It's also the case that for many students, what they think they've taken in isn;t necessarily what they have taken in. This might not be the case for you, but I have seen it time and time again over the eyars I've been teaching.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending