The Student Room Group

My car has Leisure insurance from Admiral. Can I take it to driving test?

By the time I bought the car, and the insurance on the same day, I was not aware of a learner insurance would actually be cheaper🤣. So I simply bought a comprehensive, leisure purpose, one-year insurance from Admiral using my provisional license.

I used this car for learning to drive. Now I need to take the test. Will it be all right to do so? Or I need to buy some additional insurance for the test?
Full comprehensive insurance doesn't cover learners. If you're practicing in your own car, you'll need provisional or learner driving insurance. If you're using a friend or family member's car, you need to make sure their insurance policy covers you as a learner driver. If not, you'll need to take out your own separate learner insurance.
Reply 2
Original post by GetTwisted
Full comprehensive insurance doesn't cover learners. If you're practicing in your own car, you'll need provisional or learner driving insurance. If you're using a friend or family member's car, you need to make sure their insurance policy covers you as a learner driver. If not, you'll need to take out your own separate learner insurance.

Thanks a lot. I checked w/ Admiral and here is what they said:
"If the car and driver are insured with us, driving tests are covered by the policy. Once the driver passes their test please update the licence straight away. "

So I guess my test is covered by my policy? If not then I'll have to buy a one-day learner policy...
Reply 3
Just chatted w/ another customer service personnel and she double confirmed that my policy covers the driving test:
"
I can confirm that the car is covered if it’s used to take a driving test. Once you pass the test please let us know so we can update the licence straight away. Please be aware that your policy premium is likely to increase following this change.

Good luck for the test! :smile:

"
Good luck with your test. Also bring a mirror for the examiner.
Reply 5
Thanks, mate😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending