The Student Room Group

Access to he

hello

is there any examinations in access to HE? my sister is going to study medicine access to HE and we were wondering if there's any examination alongside with the assignments?
Original post by starshapedtears
hello

is there any examinations in access to HE? my sister is going to study medicine access to HE and we were wondering if there's any examination alongside with the assignments?

I did I HE in nursing and as far as I can remember I only had 2 exams the rest was assignments
Medicine will. The majority of other access courses will not.
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by starshapedtears
hello

@starshapedtears
Hi, I've taught on an Access to HE programs for over 10 years. Centre's (colleges for instance) design their programs based on units created by an awarding body (it is Open Awards in the North West), and then they design the assignment briefs themselves - it is considered good practice by the QAA ( a bit like ofsted) to have a mix of assessment methods. Some centre's have all essays, whereas the best ones tend to have a mix of essays, reports, presentations, practical tests (for engineering and science type subjects), etc. There are no exams as such - but you may be asked to do a time constrained assignment in class in which sometimes you are allowed to take in notes.

You can get an Advanced Learner Loan if you have lived in the UK for more than 3 years, which is completely written off when you complete your degree. If you are under 21 and haven't done a level 3 course before it should be free

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending